Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 911 HELP - Wideband Serial Connection Inoperable

This is a brand new serial cable direct from EFI Live? Could it still be broken? I do not have a spare and live in Canada, so its not easy to get a spare cable

Did the cables plug together, or did you have to crimp/solder them together? Pictures might help as well.

I soldered the connection at the middle of the cable, and can verify with a multimeter I have correct continuity. Also have correct readings showing up when it intermittently connects to the Flashscan. So I know I have the wires connected correctly, as the 3-4 seconds it actually communicates with the V2 and Scan 7.5 it reads correctly. Then it either freezes the Innovate LM-2 or Loses Connection and displays "WO2 Not Found"

I will try and upload a picture later this afternoon when I get a chance. The symptoms are strange. Unfortunately I really need to be able to log either through Serial or Analog to get this tune dialled in for my racecar. I can't get the analog outputs of serial connection to work however

If it's messing up right where the plug meets the Flashscan, and you need it fixed in a pinch, I would go to a local electronics store and get another connector and a crimper and redo that plug. You might be able to take the cable with you to a place that does network cables and have them put a new plug on it.

If that doesn't fix it, it might be the Flashscan's port. If that's the case, you'll need to talk to EFILive and see if they have a way to troubleshoot it or repair/swap it.

Where exactly do you have to wiggle "it"...?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12