Thread: WO2AFR2 PID not logging in BETA V8.2.5.321

Default WO2AFR2 PID not logging in BETA V8.2.5.321

My PID "WO2AFR2" won't log, but "WO2AFR1" will. Known issue or am I missing something? In my V8 chart I'm logging both digital (serial) AFR inputs selected from "Digital - External Digital/Serial PIDs". I verified all the PIDs and when only using the V2 Flashscan without the laptop I can see both AFRs are working on the Flashscan V2. They also work if I log using V7.5 Any ideas? The PID has no description yet and the calculation is not viewable.

WO2AFR1 would be from a single wideband connected to FSV2's serial comm port.

WO2AFR2 would be from the second/cascaded wideband connected to the first wideband... is this what you have...?

i.e. do you have 2 widebands that are serially cascaded...?

Which widebands do you have...?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (11).png 
Views:	177 
Size:	260.1 KB 
ID:	21327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (12).png 
Views:	199 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	21328Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (13).png 
Views:	159 
Size:	200.7 KB 
ID:	21329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (14).png 
Views:	191 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	21330

The widebands are Innovate LC2 (one for Bank 1 and the 2nd for Bank 2) and I think it is cascaded (been a few yrs). A 4 pin connector brings it to a 9 Pin Serial with a Null Modem adapter. I'm sure everything is wired correctly since it's been this way 5+ yrs. It datalogs perfect in V7.5 and shows both on the standalone V2 screen. I added 2 LC1 PIDs for the wideband to the V8 software just as a test and on " F3: Data" screen and you can see the 2nd LC1 seems lower than the 1st (maybe needs a longer log to verify it vs an average). In the same log you can see the WO2AFR2 reading zero.

Seems like a PID problem or software possibly. On a side note....... I programed the V2 for BBX blackbox logging PIDs and got a USB warning, and the 2nd port on my wifes computer is unresponsive (still have to reboot to verify if gone). So left with one port. Seems odd to have another USB related problem on a different laptop with the thicker of my USB cords.
    Last edited by Blue70SS; July 28th, 2017 at 02:24 PM.

The BBX "Space Required for Configuration Files: 92%" is displayed on the BBL Enabled Controllers page if that means much about how much load the USB was taking.

And on the USB port that stopped..... it came back after a computer reboot FYI. Thanks

ok, so it works in V7 (and has been for the last 5 years)... thanks for the detailed info, standby, I'll notify Paul (he does the software).

Quote Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
    The BBX "Space Required for Configuration Files: 92%" is displayed on the BBL Enabled Controllers page if that means much about how much load the USB was taking.
    That indicates how much space your pid list configuration occupies.

And on the USB port that stopped..... it came back after a computer reboot FYI. Thanks
    ok

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    ok, so it works in V7 (and has been for the last 5 years)... thanks for the detailed info, standby, I'll notify Paul (he does the software).
    Great, thanks!

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Great, thanks!
    Just been testing this here. I can reproduce the fault and will have it fixed in the next update.
    Thanks for letting me know.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

New problem..... trying to flash my tune on the dyno and I get "Your Flashscan interface cable is not yet licensed to reflash this ECM" Other screens show the controller will be locked if I flash it. I can clearly see it's licensed in V8 Beta under control panel and it has green check marks next to the USB/Flashscan/Car, plus both ECU licenses still show.

Lifetime Member

New problem..... trying to flash my tune on the dyno and I get "Your Flashscan interface cable is not yet licensed to reflash this ECM" Other screens show the controller will be locked if I flash it. I can clearly see it's licensed in V8 Beta under control panel and it has green check marks next to the USB/Flashscan/Car, plus both ECU licenses still show.
    The screen you refer to in the control panel shows the USB connection status for each component. This does not relate to licensing.

The can proceed through the licensing message to license and flash the controller if you do have a VIN licenses available.

Cheers
    Cindy