Thread: TVS 1900 on 5.3 Low timing and Odd Knock

Default TVS 1900 on 5.3 Low timing and Odd Knock

Hello everyone,
    First of all, I am clearly not a professional tuner, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. What I am, is completely irritated with the "Professional Tuners" I have given a lot of money and my time to, just to end up where I am. The current project is a 2000 Sierra LS1B with a cammed 5.3 and TVS1900 with a 3.1 pulley and ID 850's. Its weak pretty much everywhere except the initial throttle tip in. I have a WB, but misplaced the connectors for my V2, so I cannot log it yet. In the log below, the timing is all over the place, even down to 6deg or so at idle. There is some KR that comes and goes. I have never heard any knock, and the sensors are stock. I have a 2bar MAP and using COS5, but I get a max of 105kpa, but this is while the engine is running and not in baro measure mode (presumably). The max PE looks very lean in the tune, but my WB sees 10.75 AFR. I am not sure I even have the knowledge to find all the issues with this tune. The trans is another story, but first things first.

So here is my data, can someone point me in the right direction? Or happen to be in the DC, MD NoVA area?

Thank you!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    What I am, is completely irritated with the "Professional Tuners" I have given a lot of money and my time to, just to end up where I am.
    Yeah, I see it all the time. Some of those tuners haven't got a clue what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I am not sure I even have the knowledge to find all the issues with this tune. The trans is another story, but first things first.
    This site has a lot of really good information... you just have to dig around to find it all. If you like reading, there's also the HPTuners forum and the LS1Tech forum. It's a steep learning curve, but it's very gratifying when you can tune your engine better than the so called 'professional' tuners.

Lifetime Member

Wow, thats basically a stock tune..... LOL, "pro". I'm headed home from a gig in mexico and I'd be willing to help guide you through this once i get back.

Creds.....