Thread: V1 to serial wideband connection?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default V1 to serial wideband connection?

I've got an innovate mtx-l plus wideband which had one programmable analog output and one serial output. Is there a way to connect the serial output to flashscan v1? Additionally, can the analog output provide accurate readings to the ecm to simulate narrowband o2?

My goal would be to connect the wideband sensor to both the flashscan v1 for logging and tuning as well as replace the existing narrowband while I tune.

If the analog output has to be used for both the narrowband and output to flashscan am I correct in thinking the output would have to be split and therefore cannot provide the correct signal at the same time to both the ecm and flashscan?

Thanks!

FSV1 does not have a serial comm port.

Looks like the MTX-L only has one analog output (unlike most of Innovate's other wideband products which usually have two), is this correct...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    FSV1 does not have a serial comm port.

Looks like the MTX-L only has one analog output (unlike most of Innovate's other wideband products which usually have two), is this correct...?
    I believe this is correct. I'm thinking a new bung is the only viable option. I have a welder that can put a bung in for me, though it will be next week until he can do so.

At the expense of sounding impatient, am I also correct in thinking narrowband o2 readings are not needed when attempting to autove tune? My thoughts being that o2 readings are used for adjusting fuel trims via the pcm and that would be disabled for ve tuning anyway? This would allow me to disconnect the o2 sensor and use the narrowband location. I am new to this and am slowly learning.....

Thanks!
    Last edited by Nine-Eight; August 8th, 2017 at 09:46 AM.

Yes, correct... AutoVE tuning involves running in OL (i.e. disables all fuel trimming), so you don't need the NBO2 during this

( i.e. AutoVE requires that all trim corrections are avoided since you want the wideband to see uncorrected lambda )

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Yes, correct... AutoVE tuning involves running in OL (i.e. disables all fuel trimming), so you don't need the NBO2 during this

( i.e. AutoVE requires that all trim corrections are avoided since you want the wideband to see uncorrected lambda )
    Excellent... Thank you.

From what I've been able to deduce, previous tuners have tuned my car by adjusting the ifr table. Seems sloppy, but understandable given it's all been done via email without wideband information. I'm gathering this due to the fact that I've got fast/Bosch 36 lb/hr injectors and all ifr data I can find is in the 5 g/s range (it slopes due to the unreferenced regulator).

However my tune has it in the fours, about a full point off. Due to the fact I'll be OL for auto ve tuning, I'm concerned about how lean the engine will run once I correct the ifr table. Is this not a valid concern? I feel like I'll want to somehow adjust the ve table at the time I change ifr data to at least somewhat compensate for the lean condition I'll create.

Currently with my injector flow rate in the low fours, I'm running -3.1 and -3.9 ltft so apparently for the ifr table being wrong it's fairly close in closed loop

Reposting under ls1 gen 3

98, see reply to your other thread.