Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flashscan V2 J1939?

CAX files are for user defined parameters in EFI live, basically if you know the address for the bits or tables you want to change in the binary file, you can add them and define the axis and names so it will show up in EFI live, So once I get the time to compare a couple bins from two cals with different input configurations and find the patterns, I'll make a CAX file that lists all the different inputs/outputs that you can load in EFI with your cal and yould be able to enable/disable them to your hearts desire and not have to worry about Bin file editing, checksums etc.

I know all about the throttle mapping on these, I had a lot of trouble with the TCM not learning because I was only using up to 28% TPS during normal driving, and the torque comes on so strong at low TPS the trans was saying hey were just easing along here, and then when it went to shift it went holy cow the torque, how'd they surprise me like this! I ended up fixing it by tuning my engine throttle mapping to be very linear and it fixed all my learning issues. I'm also running 400mm injectors so I'm up around 550-600 HP so that made this problem show up a whole lot worse.

If you take the CIN number from your A51 to your allison dealer and ask then to find a compatible cal for your a41 they should be able to put a request in and get one. I have a good relationship with my dealer and they've done stuff like that for me before. I even had them reflash a TCM to remove LRTP requirements in a MD application and they did!

I'm currently working on a defuel box for mine. I've got a arduino with a canbus shield by seed studio that will be listening for SEM messages on the databus, and I want to have the ability to modify the boost signal on my powerstroke for defuel, and open an air solenoid to dump boost from the aneroid valve on a 5.9 cummins. Now the fun part of finding SEM messages lol!

ha! allison dealer.. i can laugh right? the only one in my town that actually responds to me and thats a rush truck center.. while the parts guys seem to think the modified navistar Bus is cool, service isnt equally as amused.. after all they cant look anything up by VIN because ive changed the computers, transmission, and have it custom...

I have a subscription to NavKal (a real one) and reprogrammed my new computer to my VIN ..

I need to find a mod-friendly allison dealer.. if i just need Cal files or CIN reports, being local isnt a requirement..

interestingly enough the T444E doesnt defuel on high boost.. the book says the rated Turbo boost for my engine program should be 17-19 PSI.. ive pulled 23 and it was still fueling fully..

interestingly enough if auxilliary throttle control is enabled on the engine ECM, throttle PGNs can be shipped via the J1939 and the ECM responds to them.. technically I could de-fuel on shifts if I was good enough at timing everything.. with aux control enabled the engine acts only on the aux throttle when it sees input from both at the same time..

I can set my throttle mode to a linear one.. in fact with an AT545 transmission thats the base program is a pretty linear throttle.. however it seems just to run down the road I have to have my foot down so far.. no issues if I can run cruise.. however without cruise running the foot gets tired on those long road trips..

is there a torque table someplace in the A41 where i can set the engine's torque matrix based on RPM or throttle? essentially telling the trans that the engine brings in torque sooner than later?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12