Hello,

My '05 Vette went dead with a P0601 ECM ROM error fault. It has done this a few years ago and the dealer just re-flashed the ECU. Unfortunately, the problem came back and left us stranded. So this time I decided to replace the ECU. I am having a few difficulties with this swap, so I was hoping to get some guidance.

First off the old ECU is not totally dead, so I was able to upload the operating system and calibration with EFIlive. I purchased an E40 ECU bench harness which seems to work well. I also purchased a new ECU from GMpartsdirect and loaded that saved operating system and calibration into the new controller.

My first question deals with the VIN.
It appears the VIN number does not load into the ECU when transferring the files. Is there a way to make the new ECU take the VIN from my old controller. Is this something only a dealer can do?

The engine will start and idle, but It has two codes.

1) I have a P2138 Throttle pedal channels not within range (or something like that). The engine starts and idles, but as soon as I depress the gas pedal, it trips on the fault. I have logged both channel D and channel E with the scan tool. On both the new an old ECU, Channel D is exactly half of Channel E (or vise-versa I can't recall). This actually concurs to what the schematic in the service manual suggest. It shows channel D to be equipped with double the resistance of channel E. It seems to be something in the calibration. It's almost like the new ECU wants the channels to be equal, but the old ECU understands they should be in a (2x) relationship. I have looked but I did not see a throttle pedal learn feature in the DVT tab of the software.

2) I also have the P0315 Crank angle not learned fault, but of course I can't rev the engine to 4,000 RPM until I can get it to listen to the throttle pedal.

This is not an emergency, the Vette is not my daily driver, but any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.