Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Having trouble lately with higher IAT

Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
    It's a closely guarded secret... there's probably only a few thousand people in the whole world that know about it.
    Lol I meant as much as i bounce around reading threads on here I don't know how i let that slip by me. Log coming today.

People tend to find out about it when they try to tune idle.

Makes sense.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by spy2520 View Post
    Log coming today.
    Let me know what part number is on your fuel injectors when you post your log.

Definitely these from fuel injector connection https://fuelinjectorconnection.com/c...r-ls1-set-of-8

Welp, i think i see where it all went wrong now. But attached are the files. It did stall while parking at the end but other than that nothing notable to me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by spy2520 View Post
    Welp, i think i see where it all went wrong now.
    So, where do you think it all went wrong?

At some point I reverted back to a stock tune and restarted the tuning process, with none of the injector data i should have been using except IFR. I have all the spreadsheets and remember doing it but it isnt in this more recent round of tuning files. That has to be a large part of the problem if not the entire problem. Still didn't know about the b9021 cax....but...

Lifetime Member

Let me tell you what I think.

I think that your drilled injectors weren't actually drilled... I think they're still flowing stock and the imbalance in your trims indicates that they're not even flowing evenly. Your MAF table is about 40% too high across the board and that's because your IFR table is about 40% too high. B9021 isn't going to make any difference to you because you're not using larger injectors.

Try this if you want to have some fun... put completely stock values back in for your injector data (stock IFR and stock voltage offset but leave Small Pulse Adjust zero'd out) and also set your MAF table back to stock values. See how much trimming you get with that... and see if the trimming is fairly consistent (with your new maf tube and card style maf, the MAF readings may be a few percent different to the stock MAF).

You need to get your IAC counts down at idle... you need to crack your throttle blade open a bit more and reset your TP sensor. Your IAC effective area table is a bit wild and needs some attention.

Getting the correct airflow readings is important. Your ECM calculates engine torque based partly on cylinder charge and your calculations are going to be way out with your MAF reading such high airflow. This affects your transmission, which determines line pressures from that calculated torque.

Hmm. Interesting thought about the injectors. I never really doubted the numbers.

The IAC effective area was the result of some experimentation due to the bigger TB.

I'll start over and see what happens.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast