Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calc.vet how do I populate selben/ve maps? Can't find in log file. Joecar?

Default Calc.vet how do I populate selben/ve maps? Can't find in log file. Joecar?

Okay, so I've gotten everything set up, pids validated, map filter parameters preset, etc.etc. and am ready to start logging. Working with a 98 and v1. Have followed tutorial to the T with wideband / b4901 dynair lookup replacement pid etc.

I took a preliminary log last night to dry run through the maps and filters and though I have figured out how to create a map, or even copy my ve table from the tune as per the efilive map tutorial, I am left unsure as to what I need to do with a log file to create the selben and ve maps. Should it be an auto populated map that I choose from a drop down menu or do I need to manually create a map defining the rows/columns? I ask because the tutorial doesn't make a mention of creating a map, just says to paste the ve map/paste multiply selben/maf map. Makes me kinda think I am missing something here. Thanks for any help!

In the scantool, goto the Maps tab and view the map you created, the current log should populate it...

post some screenshots so I can see what you did.

The Calc.VET thread tells you to goto tunetool and copy with labels, then goto sacntool map properties, and on Row and Col tabs to click Paste Special.

Joecar,

Yup... That would be the problem. I've been over the tutorial and the advanced notes dozens of times but I must be missing that part. I thought the copy/paste was only mentioned in reference to the pasting of the populated map to the existing tune. D'oh! I thought it felt like I was missing something stupid

no worries, it's easy to miss stuff like that (especially when I speed read).

well, I looked through everything again... I must be missing something... can I get a link with directions on where to find the instruction for preparing the map? ive followed what I can gather and this is what I came up with:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vemap.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	21424

Name:	vemap 2.png 
Views:	190 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	21425

I would like to add I'm using the innovate mtx-l plus analog out with flashscan v1.... thus far the only pid that seems correct is LC-1, is this the right option? I do not see an option that is clear cut for this wideband

I will try to find a way (probably the wrong one!) to try to make it be as I think it should
    Last edited by estringer; August 29th, 2017 at 03:43 PM.

okay, so what ive done is this.... taken a log, gone to maps tab, clicked "open a new map definition for display", found CALC.VET g_K_kPa.map, selected that, gone to "edit map properties" and I receive this :

Views:	172 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	21426

forging on, I click "OK" on "list index out of bounds", set columns tab as such :

Name:	vemap 3col.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	253.6 KB 
ID:	21434

and set rows tab as such:

Name:	vemap 2 row.png 
Views:	202 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	21433

and am left with this for numbers after everything replotted , for cell count and average value views. note this is a cruise map on the interstate driving home

Name:	vemap 5.png 
Views:	198 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	21431

Name:	vemap 4.png 
Views:	189 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	21432

This is the current calc.vet filter settings I have and the resulting data. Since I have a 170 degree tstat, the filter temperature has been lowered to 160 degrees to ensure data isn't filtered out

Name:	vemap6.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	166.2 KB 
ID:	21435

I cannot for the life of me find any reference as to how to set up the selben map. I do not find a preset map data under maps like I did for calcVET map.

Apologies for the flood of crap here... I figured this might be the most concise way to determine if I'm headed the right direction

disregard the "attatched thumbnails"..... paint / me had a problem
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	163 
Size:	243.0 KB 
ID:	21427   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vemap 3.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	242.5 KB 
ID:	21428   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	151 
Size:	224.2 KB 
ID:	21429   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	121 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	21430  
    Last edited by estringer; August 29th, 2017 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by estringer View Post
    well, I looked through everything again... I must be missing something... can I get a link with directions on where to find the instruction for preparing the map? ive followed what I can gather and this is what I came up with:

Views:	212 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	21424

Views:	190 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	21425

I would like to add I'm using the innovate mtx-l plus analog out with flashscan v1.... thus far the only pid that seems correct is LC-1, is this the right option? I do not see an option that is clear cut for this wideband

I will try to find a way (probably the wrong one!) to try to make it be as I think it should
    That looks right for a VE map.

Yes, for the LC-1 you can use CALC.BEN_LC11.

Quote Originally Posted by estringer View Post
    okay, so what ive done is this.... taken a log, gone to maps tab, clicked "open a new map definition for display", found CALC.VET g_K_kPa.map, selected that, gone to "edit map properties" and I receive this :

Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	21426
    Hmmm, "list index out of bounds"... which V7 build version are you using (Help->About)...?

forging on, I click "OK" on "list index out of bounds", set columns tab as such :

Name:	vemap 3col.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	253.6 KB 
ID:	21434

and set rows tab as such:

Name:	vemap 2 row.png 
Views:	202 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	21433
    that looks right.

and am left with this for numbers after everything replotted , for cell count and average value views. note this is a cruise map on the interstate driving home

Views:	198 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	21431

Views:	189 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	21432
    On the Data tab, set the Precision to 3 or 4.

This is the current calc.vet filter settings I have and the resulting data. Since I have a 170 degree tstat, the filter temperature has been lowered to 160 degrees to ensure data isn't filtered out

Name:	vemap6.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	166.2 KB 
ID:	21435
    Change the filter as shown here:

Name:	Filter.png 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	21437

I cannot for the life of me find any reference as to how to set up the selben map. I do not find a preset map data under maps like I did for calcVET map.
    in tunetool goto B5001 MAF table, in upper left blank tile do rightclick->Copy-with-Labels;
    in scantool goto map properties, on each of Row and Col tabs click Paste Labels;
    on Col tab, for the pid, use any pid already logged (e.g. MAFFREQ or RPM);
    also, on Cell tab, constrain the cells' width.

Apologies for the flood of crap here... I figured this might be the most concise way to determine if I'm headed the right direction
    No worries.
    Last edited by joecar; August 29th, 2017 at 08:33 PM.

I edited the Calc.VET thread to show how to make maps, see item 3 inserted (previous item 3 is pushed down):
    Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log)

Thanks for all your help Joecar! I think I might actually get this to work...

my version is 7.5.10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast