Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calc.vet how do I populate selben/ve maps? Can't find in log file. Joecar?

Quote Originally Posted by estringer View Post
    Thanks for all your help Joecar! I think I might actually get this to work...

my version is 7.5.10
    Let me know if there's anything I should fix up in the Calc.VET thread.

After the 7.5.10 it says the Build #...? what is the Build #...?

Oh... i see... Build number is 323

I think everything looks good on the tutorial.... I was able to follow along and made my first adjustments to the tune yesterday. short of me not seeing the map info further down I didn't have any problems and that's with the v1 and a 98 PCM so I think I had to follow the most amount of steps.

my first adjustment seems to be okay, pretty spotty but I'm judiciously using the smooth and smooth without decreasing tool for now until the map gets closer to where it needs to be. my selben for the MAF ranged from 1.02xx to .88xx so I haven't done much there yet, hopefully ill see a clearcut trend in a few logs once the ve table is closer. I am also just now thinking I may be running a descreened maf, so once I get back from work ill have to check that.

initial tune before changing dfco, cat protection, o2 switching etc, was Eric asa injectordata.ctz

logs were calvet1.eficalvet2.eficalvet3.efi

tune modified after data plugged in was Eric calcvetv1.ctz

Well the brand new innovate wideband is giving me e8 error codes if I step into it too hard. The readout jumps all over the place and "hangs" on a number then will usually begin reading again after I get off the throttle. Sometimes I get the e8 code, which will go away if I reset power to it and will seem fine again until I give the car throttle. When it was working, I was showing 12.5 afr up to around 4k rpm, then it will fatten up gradually to as low as 9:1.

I am thinking the super rich condition is creating a burn in the exhaust and I'm essentially cooking the sensor. Is there a way to give a rough correction to the tune to sidestep this until calc.vet can hopefully correct it?

Try to locate in your log where it is super rich, and remove some air from that spot in the MAF and/or VE tables.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12