Thread: ECM serial number conflict with EFI Live?

Default ECM serial number conflict with EFI Live?

Earlier this year I bricked my ECM with EFI Live and had to get a new one, got a new VIN verification and new tunes, I have the AutoCal and everything is ready to do the new VIN verification. However I don't know if the serial numbers from each ECM with conflict with EFI Live and brick my ECM again? Any advice or anyone know the answer to this??

Lifetime Member

I assume the vin verification is license the ECM? EFILive licensing works off ECM serial number, so new ECM equals new license even if the vin is identical.

Licensing a new ECM won't brick and ECM, but you ask will their be conflict and will you brick it again. That question is difficult to answer without knowing what happened first time around.

What ECM do you have? What happened to cause the ECM to be bricked? If it was a result of using EFILive software, what was the result of the trace file investigation with our development team?

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The first time I bricked the ECM was my fault by unplugging my AutoCal in the middle of the flashing process. Nothing to do with EFI Live. Operator error on my part. Aside from that, I got a new VIN verification and new ECM with matching VIN, only difference is the serial number on the new ECM. I've heard a 50/50 on the serial numbers from two different ECMs for an LB7 can conflict with the EFI Live programming.

Lifetime Member

If you pulled the power during a full flash right at the start of the flash process on an LB7 it is possible you bricked the ECM. If you pulled power mid way through the flash, it should be recoverable - did you investigate ECM recovery with our team or your tuner to determine it wasn't recoverable? I can't think of any reason why replacing an ECM, changing the VIN in that new ECM to match the vehicle would potentially create an ECM failure during either the licensing or flashing process.

Cheers
    Cindy