Thread: Sep 2017, Release Candidate 1

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Sep 2017, Release Candidate 1

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Download EFILive V7.5
    Download EFILive V8

Release Candidate Version
    This RC1 version may now be used by all EFILive tuners and their customers in production environments.
    Barring any serious problems being discovered, this RC1 will become the official public download.
    If you do discover a problem with this RC1 software, please report it to EFILive as soon as possible by posting in this thread or by emailing support@efilive.com or by logging a support request in the helpdesk.

Release Notes:
    The way EFILive reports and manages out of range calibrations has changed. You MUST read the "Important Changes" section at the top of the "What's New" document.

Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.10 Build 335 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.5 Build 325 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.123 (Aug 29, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues:

Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

-
    Last edited by Blacky; September 18th, 2017 at 04:26 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Not sure if this is a bug that's been in the firmware for a while, but i have my v2 set to sleep after 5 minutes of no use.

Anyway have noticed for a while (like 12 months or more) that when pass through logged i would get a freeze in the v7.5 logger but it would continue (happened on both e38/ls1b)

started using the v8 scanner for some of the newer pids and after a while i would get a 0101 error for a loss of comms. For testing i turned off the sleep mode tonight and got a good solid 20 minute log with no errors in pass through.

Never had any issues bbx logging the entire time though.

I'll add that when i noticed the drop out in v7.5 i could see the screen turn off/on again on the v2 unit itself.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Not sure if this is a bug that's been in the firmware for a while, but i have my v2 set to sleep after 5 minutes of no use.
    I just checked the V2 firmware and the low power timeout is reset when a USB message is received from the PC. However it is not reset when a USB message is transmitted to the PC. When data logging on most GM controllers the PC does not transmit any USB messages to FlashScan (it only receives messages). After 5 minutes (or whatever you have the low power mode timer set to) FlashScan will enter low power mode. That is not correct. It should not do that while pass-thru logging. I will fix it in the next update.

Thanks for tracking it down and letting us know.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

No probs. I thought i was going mad trying figure out what was going on. PLayed with usb cables and even tried another laptop to see if my normal one had stuffed usb ports.