Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eta?

Default Eta?

Just curious on an ETA for release?
    Thanks,
    Dominic

Out beta team keeps expanding to test as many different vehicle types as possible, plus we had some hardware mods to the original red V2's, hopefully not too much longer.
    The good part is that everything to do with reading / flashing is going well.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to start playing with this. I've got some marine customers ready to go.

Sounds great, any idea what engines / ECM's they are using?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Good to hear everything is going well with reading and flashing. Are we able to read all of the ECM's so far or is it flash only like the 4th gen Ram's? I will try to get back to you soon on what engines and ecm's I have available. I'm currently out to sea and won't be back home for another 10-12 days.

All HD ECM's allow reading which is very nice, only the 2010+ Ram had the restrictions.

Have you been able to firm up the pricing for the Cummins HD hardware?
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by KhakiCummins View Post
    Have you been able to firm up the pricing for the Cummins HD hardware?
    Not yet. The cables we've designed are no longer suitable for the application, so this week we decided to take a different tact.

It appears that some supported vehicles use custom connectors and others use OBDII, not just the round 16pin we'd originally counted on. Our new solution will be ordered today, but it needs to be tested. If it passes testing, then we will be in a position to firm up the unit cost and hopefully not have to redesign our packaging. Once that is sorted we can finalize our retail pricing.

Cheers
    Cindy

As Cindy said on the cables we didn't want to back ourselves in a corner for the future so initially we made a bad call on making a specific V2 to J1939 circular connector. So we will be sticking with the current V2 cables but it will come with an adaptor (which is what we are evaluating now).
    It seems most of the J1939 scantools out there include a set of adaptor leads to the regular OBD-II plug because there doesn't seem to be a guaranteed standard diagnostic connector used.
    Whilst we are not going to ship with something like below it might be what is needed to cover everything out there should you want to expand on to other vehicles that don't use the circular connector like big rigs.
    It gets worse, some equipment doesn't even have power on the diagnostic connector so you have to use something like shown below with alligator clips to the battery, what a mess!

Even better is some equipment that does have power in the connector swap them around so Power is Ground and Ground is Power

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast