Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 99 trans am performance tune

Default 99 trans am performance tune

We have a 99 trans am, LS1 auto trans, we just put 411 gears in it so I have to change tune for that. Also the previous owner did a tune and all I can se he did was removed the rev limiter and told it to shift at 7800. It shifts ok at part throttle until we changed gears now it shifts all over the place. Plans this winter is cam and long tube headers. When we put the gears in we also did the midmount cross member and torque arm. P.S. the guy had this thing shifting or trying to shift at 7800 with stock yellow springs glad we saved bought it and saved it from dropping a valve. He had time tickets from the drags with 12.60's not sure if they were his or not we took out 2.73 gears stock
    Is there somewhere to go to the internet that has tunes that I can drop in with minimal changes we are new at this ?
    Last edited by Lawn Choppers; September 16th, 2017 at 03:38 AM.

So this 1999 TA is stock...?

Its tune has not been edited other than the rev limiter...?

You will find a stock 1999 F-car tune here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ydh5wltk...s4SRJ9NGa?dl=0
    This is the stock 1999 TA tune: 1999-Pontiac-TransAm-Coupe-Automatic-LS1-5.7-Litre-PCM-09360361.tun

You should read the tune from the PCM and compare it to stock (while viewing PCM tune, load stock tune as alternate, and click compare button).

Starting with stock tune you have to do this:
    - set the correct differential ratio H0103,
    - click Speedo Calculator, click Shift Point Correction tab, and apply the correction (read the red warning).

Do you have FlashScan V1 or V2...?

download/install current V7 software from here: Sep-2017-Release-Candidate-1

I have FlashScan V2 all the latest updates.
    It2 pretty much stock except whatever he did in the tune. I know he raised shift points to the moon. It never hits a rev limiter and in the program it has rev disabled, and says unless equipped with ETC ??? Traction control ? but it has been to 7200 and was still climbing. When I go to Speedo Calculator it says cannot create cal_adj.
    I need to do the comparison yet to see what all he has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Choppers View Post
    I have FlashScan ...
    When I go to Speedo Calculator it says cannot create cal_adj.
    Start the tunetool with Adminstrator privilige (on its icon go rightclick->Properties, click Advanced, checkmark Run as Administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Choppers View Post
    ... and says unless equipped with ETC ??? Traction control ?
    In this context, ETC = Electronic Throttle Control

That worked for the calibration, but it says different opeearing systems when I try to compare programs. I'm putting 2 laptops side by side and going thru the hard way. You been very helpful

Ok new problem, I went to put program in and... it comes up I need my license I guess when I did the updates it removed my info. I guess I'll contact efilive tomorrow, I'm not sure where the card is, my son says he put it somewhere safe lol

You mean the software license on the blue card...?

lol, I put stuff in "safe" places to protect myself (and I never find them again)

email support@efilive.com

Default update

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    You mean the software license on the blue card...?

lol, I put stuff in "safe" places to protect myself (and I never find them again)

email support@efilive.com
    I found the card, but couldn't log back in here. Been busy, finally loaded it in the car last week and updated password and back on. Finished tuning, mostly changed for the rear gears and shift points also rev limiter. Runs unbelievable... well too good.
    315's on the rear, heated them launched it still spun but pulled awesome just as it hooked it hit 2nd went sideways still pulling and as it hooked again it hit 3rd and the rev limiter as 3rd gear slipped to the moon lol time for a rebuild on the tranny with all the good stuff which we will do this winter. Thanks everyone that helped

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast