Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins Fueling Status and Timins Status

Default Cummins Fueling Status and Timins Status

Does anyone on here have a list as to what all the counts mean for main injection fueling status, main injection timing status 1 & main injection timing status 2 status when logging the cummins ecm's? CMB in particular. I have searched online without luck and know I have seen a list before. Greatly appreciated. thanks Jake

We used to use those to trace through the code paths when finding limiters etc, sorry but I don't have a complete list with explanation on what each number represents.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I'm hitting some sort of limiter thats holding mm3 back to 128-130 but worse timing. Even if I scale the tune to 130 is full tilt then timing still isn't hitting peak in any of the maps. Even made min/max same as base table and it's still a few degrees off.

This is a standalone setup in a puller so all limiters and altitude tables are maxed or same as base table. Only necessary sensors are being used.

The ones I'm hitting are

Main injection fueling status - 45
    Main injection timing status 1 - 29
    Main injection timing status 2 - 25

I'm thinking possibly something to do with not having speed signal, ambient temperature signal or barometric psi signal. I have reworked the baro psi scaling to now read low side fuel pressure with a 0-60psi sensor. Unplugging that made nod difference tho.

Jake, as far as I know there is everything needed in the CMB .calz files to command whatever you want so it might be limiting based on some sort of error. Anyway that aside, I had a quick look in my list and Main Status = 45 means a Torque Management Limiter is active.
    What is the PID name on the timing ones? I assume this is with an EDA log file? Though I bet we find that those timing states relate to torque limiting too.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yes EDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Jake, as far as I know there is everything needed in the CMB .calz files to command whatever you want so it might be limiting based on some sort of error. Anyway that aside, I had a quick look in my list and Main Status = 45 means a Torque Management Limiter is active.
    What is the PID name on the timing ones? I assume this is with an EDA log file? Though I bet we find that those timing states relate to torque limiting too.

Another thing I have done is do away with the oil pressure signal input and repurposed the coolant temp sensor for oil temp as my engine is all filled. Wouldn't think that would affect anything as oil temp is same range as coolant temp, unless the ecm needs that input from the factory oil psi circuit closure.

Must be limited by a table that isn't mapped out then I assume. I have the Current mapped out ones maxed to your limits. Thanks for the help Ross.

If anyone has a list I would love to have it in my records!!

I have been under the assumption that it is possible to reach any RPM and any mm3 number you want on the CMB, maybe people are fudging some tables to get there?
    And that timing status = 29, sorry but I am not sure what that status value is indicating.

No numbers fudging to get rpm. What rpm are you starting to notice it pulling commanded?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast