pretty sure this limiter is in EFILive called out under engine protection
    It looks similar to me.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hp Tuners.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	24492
    This is what EFI Live has in their files.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedshafts View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hp Tuners.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	24492
    This is what EFI Live has in their files.
    I see it now

I have a file ready to modify. Interesting that the fan controls are available in HP but not EFI.

Let me know if you have any luck shutting off the governors. I plan to try this weekend.

Hey guys I just happened up on this thread. You need to be logging the fuel control mode to get an idea of what is causing your derates. What ecm yall talking about? thread started with older one but I'm not sure what you guys are working on now. Between looking at your fuel control mode, using HP like yall are you can totally get rid of all derates, theres a couple mapped in hp that aren't clearly derates. You can get all the ecm's including 2450 fueling to whatever rpm you want hitting desired mm3. Actual torque may not meet demanded torque but thats irrelevent it hits your rail, timing and pulsewidth goals. Of course you gotta deal with torque based fueling on the 5th gens but thats no biggie

Quote Originally Posted by got boost? View Post
    Hey guys I just happened up on this thread. You need to be logging the fuel control mode to get an idea of what is causing your derates. What ecm yall talking about? thread started with older one but I'm not sure what you guys are working on now. Between looking at your fuel control mode, using HP like yall are you can totally get rid of all derates, theres a couple mapped in hp that aren't clearly derates. You can get all the ecm's including 2450 fueling to whatever rpm you want hitting desired mm3. Actual torque may not meet demanded torque but thats irrelevent it hits your rail, timing and pulsewidth goals. Of course you gotta deal with torque based fueling on the 5th gens but thats no biggie
    Well, I agree about the logging, which I'm fairly certain those of us involved in the thread to this point have been doing, myself for over a year now. You can see in at
    least one of my images that status is in the top right corner.
    I'm on a CM849, the thread was under that sub forum, but I use Tapatalk and don't have to check that to access the thread.
    Unfortunately it's more complex than that. Status Code 16 for instance: I retooled the boost fuel limiter table to try and get a grip on the smoke for my daily driver tune. What I succeeded in doing was creating a dead pedal state that corresponds to the onset of that status, that no matter how long I watched the logs, I couldn't pinpoint the entry condition that set the status. Obviously according to the descriptor in the Cummins document, it's anaerobic fuel control, but that offers little in the way of knowing what tables or PID's are involved.

I did have some success last night by rescaling the RPM range to give me better resolution in the driving range that I wish to control, which in turn got rid of status code 16 I believe.

I'm not terribly familiar with HP, so any hints on where to look for limiting tables are appreciated. In the manual file I created with HP, I think I was only able to find one or two that waren't already exposed in EFI.

16 - AFC (Air / Fuel Command) Derate (2004)
    OFC (Oxygen Fuel Control) Derate (2007 and later)
    Fuel limited for amount of intake air
    Not enough boost for commanded fueling
    Too much boost for commanded fueling
    Inoperable wastegates
    Typically seen very briefly on an acceleration (Pre 2007 Only)
    Extended periods of time in AFC derate are an indication of other issues (ex: recent issues on midrange injectors) (Pre 2007 Only)
    For 2010 and later a few seconds of OFC is normal during hard accelerations

This is from some of my stuff. In short it is related to air/fuel ratio control and usually in my experience due to the lambda table limiting fueling or you also see it when turbo speed results in derate. I don't know much about these older controllers I mostly mess with 2350 and 2450. Hope this helps Oh BTW, hp offers lotsa tricks if you think outside the box

my experience due to the lambda table limiting fueling or you also see it when turbo speed results in derate.
    There's what I'm after.
    The description you have is the same as the document I have.

I just modified the lambda table a night or two ago.

So I went through HP checking limiters for the CM849. I think I only found three that don't appear to have an equivalent in EFI.
    I tried to flash a modified base file with HP, but I'm out of credits ATM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345