Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins Fueling Status and Timins Status

It's not RPM based. It will not go over 130 no matter what I do. Which that's fine as I can manipulate the tables to where 130 is full fuel. I haven't had any problems with fueling at all. The problem I'm having is timing does not match the maps. I had changed some axises around right before this started happening and I'm going to try make a pass with the old axises. It still didn't make sense on the 2 passes tho. Unfortunately I dropped a valve seat so won't be able to test again until October 11th and it's my last run of the year.

Ahh gotcha, have you tried a different base file?

I'm going too when I get the motor back together. This is the same base and ecm I have been using for years as a standalone setup. It's hard to test without being hooked to the sled but going to try once it runs again. 1700hp and no suspension gets violent without being held back by something.
    Last edited by comnrailpwr; September 25th, 2017 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by comnrailpwr View Post
    I'm thinking possibly something to do with not having speed signal, ambient temperature signal or barometric psi signal. I have reworked the baro psi scaling to now read low side fuel pressure with a 0-60psi sensor. Unplugging that made nod difference tho.
    Did you ever figure this out for sure? I agree with you on this I believe it is something to do with standalone. I'm only ever hitting 130mm3 as well in a Fummins conversion. There is a limit not mapped out in EFI Live that we are for sure missing here i think. I'm just going to try rescaling to 110mm3 and see how it works out.

I have full list of fueling status info if you would like for your records. Just pm me your email.

I would like the list of fueling statuses if you wouldn’t mind sending them to me
    07 dodge 2500 5.9 cummins, 2inch level, modified air box, deleted exhaust, Efi live tuning, borg warner gov. Solenoid, billet transmission, 35 inch terra grapplers
    22 ram 2500 6.7 6 inch lift 22x12 welds, 37x13.5

Somehow I just am seeing this. I have not had the truck running long enough since these issues do diag.. I feel I may never figure it out as I changed so much for this season. built a new harness and changed ECM to another 07 ECM. I hope to get it done to make a couple passes this season but life has me slammed. So I shall find out sometime within the next couple months if the issues return. I do know changing base file did not help. Have done several stand alone and never had one limit timing reguardless of what the tables say. Mm3 is hit or miss but easily manipulated. Reguardless I would like your list of the ECM coded status. Much appreciated! jake@fullpulltuning.com

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Stroker View Post
    Did you ever figure this out for sure? I agree with you on this I believe it is something to do with standalone. I'm only ever hitting 130mm3 as well in a Fummins conversion. There is a limit not mapped out in EFI Live that we are for sure missing here i think. I'm just going to try rescaling to 110mm3 and see how it works out.

I have full list of fueling status info if you would like for your records. Just pm me your email.
    Any chances I can get a list of the fueling status as I'm running into some similar issues atm, above 3k rpm goes from status 8 to 42.

Here's my list of the Cummins fuel modes...hope this helps some
    Cummins fuel modes.rtf

Very cool, thanks man!!

If anyone has an updated or expanded list let me know!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast