Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cummins Fueling Status and Timins Status

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedshafts View Post
    You will not be able to reach full fuel in a stand-alone setup without help outside of EFILive. I have posted about it. There are several Limiters not provided in EFILive. You can use Hp Tuners for a single tune or find someone to write you up a CAX file.
    OK, I am listening. Thank you for the information.

biggy and I have been discussing this exact topic on another forum as we are both having this issue.

So.. the issue that exists cannot be overcome with what is currently mapped in EFILive, as all of the limiters are not mapped in EFILive... Got it. I can either obtain the files necessary for CalTerm to find the limiters and then create a cax file.

However, you're making it sound like the necessary limiters are mapped in HPTuner. I hate HPTuner. But, if the limiters are mapped in HPTuner, a single file could be modified with the limiter addressed, flashed onto the ECM, and then the file read out with EFILive, modified further as desired and flashed back on. With the limiters being addressed in the background, in the areas unable to be edited by EFILive, the issue should be resolved. Is this correct?

Default Interesting

You will not be able to reach full fuel in a stand-alone setup without help outside of EFILive. I have posted about it. There are several Limiters not provided in EFILive. You can use Hp Tuners for a single tune or find someone to write you up a CAX file.
    Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for the response. Is this to say that HP does have these limiters exposed? Even with a CAX, is this due to the lacking TIPM comm? I suppose one could tune around it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-15 025728.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	621.9 KB 
ID:	24445

Quote Originally Posted by biggy238 View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for the response. Is this to say that HP does have these limiters exposed? Even with a CAX, is this due to the lacking TIPM comm? I suppose one could tune around it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-15 025728.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	621.9 KB 
ID:	24445
    You can download and look at tunes in HP Tuners just like EFILive. I have done this exact same thing. I will use HP Tuners to make a change to the base file then upload to ECM, read out, reapply changes using compare tool in EFILive then upload again. Tedious for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by arinkuddy View Post
    You can download and look at tunes in HP Tuners just like EFILive. I have done this exact same thing. I will use HP Tuners to make a change to the base file then upload to ECM, read out, reapply changes using compare tool in EFILive then upload again. Tedious for sure.
    I may try this. I retooled a manual file to match my auto file and it still has the same status code derate under heavy throttle.
    Once it hits 115mm3 fuel position, it changes from an exponential climb, noses over and eventually hits 130mm3 anyway. More of a nuisance than anything at this point.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

HP Tuners is actually very awesome. They do provide all the tables to get past the TTVA for FMVB. There is also another limiter not in EFI live that doesn't allow fueling past 3,800. You can disable the PID control under rpm limiters. If you do this you will have full MM3 to whatever you want but ECM will no longer control the FCA and rail pressure drops. It does not work correctly. Pid must stay enabled for proper FCA control through the entire RPM curve. Things you would think EFI Live would have added into the software so people everywhere could use these trucks to their full capabilities. Not just people you can build CAX files. I spend a lot of money with EFI Live but it is lacking and frustrating.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hp Tuners High Speed Governor.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	24491
    Here is a limiter not provided. High speed governor will pull fuel.

Can I load an HP base file into an ECM with the CSP5 patch, or will I need to flash back to stock first?
    I assume I need to configure a stock file in HP, flash it, read out with EFI, and then convert to CSP5.

Photo of the nose-over in fuel position

I agree, I'm not the most EFI fluent, but I've seen several things that seem lacking. I guess a 20 year old platform isn't relevant for support.

I am currently working on this problem and hope to have a solution in the near future. I may put the file into BIN format and then convert it back to CSP5 so the limiters are gone. You can change all the limiters in Hp Tuners and flash it in. Read it out with EFI Live and convert it over. Make your changes and flash it back in.

I am currently working on this problem and hope to have a solution in the near future. I may put the file into BIN format and then convert it back to CSP5 so the limiters are gone. You can change all the limiters in Hp Tuners and flash it in. Read it out with EFI Live and convert it over. Make your changes and flash it back in.
    Excellent. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I'm checking to see if I have an HP credit left now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hp Tuners High Speed Governor.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	24491
    Here is a limiter not provided. High speed governor will pull fuel.
    pretty sure this limiter is in EFILive called out under engine protection

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast