Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V2 not responding

Default V2 not responding

My V2 has stopped responding to any buttons that I push. It has now stopped connecting to my pcm. I can't scan or flash. I have a tune that I would like to download but I can't. Is there any thing I can do besides send the unit in for repair? The second light from the left blinks about every 1 second and the 4th light blinks continuously. Thanks
    01Z06, A4, Huron Speed Twin 67/66's on a 347

What happens when V2 is connected to USB...?

I'm not sure what's wrong, but first check the vehicle's cigar lighter fuse (this powers the ALDL/OBD-II port).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    What happens when V2 is connected to USB...?

I'm not sure what's wrong, but first check the vehicle's cigar lighter fuse (this powers the ALDL/OBD-II port).
    I'll check that tomorrow but the buttons haven't been working for a while when I press them.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieW View Post
    My V2 has stopped responding to any buttons that I push. It has now stopped connecting to my pcm. I can't scan or flash. I have a tune that I would like to download but I can't. Is there any thing I can do besides send the unit in for repair? The second light from the left blinks about every 1 second and the 4th light blinks continuously. Thanks
    The second and forth lights rotate in unison when FlashScan is in bootmode awaiting the installation of firmware. In this scenario, the FlashScan screen does not power on. Is that what you are seeing?

If it is, connect FlashScan to your PC and open V8 Scan and Tune software.
    Open EFILive Explorer using the button at the top of the screen.
    Select the [F12: Firmware] option in EFILive Explorer.
    Hit the Browse button and select the FlashScan firmware. The file name will commence with FSProgV2.
    And select Program.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    The second and forth lights rotate in unison when FlashScan is in bootmode awaiting the installation of firmware. In this scenario, the FlashScan screen does not power on. Is that what you are seeing?

Cheers
    Cindy
    No, The flashscan screen is lit up. The second light and fourth lights are not flashing in unison. Second light goes on and off, fourth light constantly blinks. Fourth light blinks faster than the second light. I have been using the unit for several years.

Lifetime Member

What exactly is displayed on the screen? Is it just back lit or is text displayed?

Cheers
    Cindy

What exactly is displayed on the screen? Is it just back lit or is text displayed?

Cheers
    Cindy
    It has the normal text displayed. What I would call the home screen noting which "F" keys to do what. I have always used it with my laptop or tablet. I have never used BB. None of the keys respond when I press them.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieW View Post
    It has the normal text displayed. What I would call the home screen noting which "F" keys to do what. I have always used it with my laptop or tablet. I have never used BB. None of the keys respond when I press them.
    Do you have an SD card in your FlashScan? If you do, can you please remove it?

Usually when the 2 LEDs flash, it's an indication that there is a problem (such as missing/incomplete firmware, flash chip issue, internal flash CRC issue) on powering up and that the device is not capable of displaying the error code, but usually the screen is inactive.

I think the best path forward is to eliminate for which the solution is to force the unit into Deadpoll mode and then reflash firmware.

Hold down the Ctrl button on FlashScan when connecting it to USB power. (Do not have the OBD cable connected).
    This will power FlashScan without the display and the second and fourth lights will flash in unison.
    Open V8 Scan and Tune software.
    Hit the Browse button and select the FlashScan firmware. The file name will commence with FSProgV2.
    And select Program.

Cheers
    Cindy

Okay I will try this today. I do not have an SD card inserted (never have).

Thanks
    Ronnie

unit into Deadpoll mode and then reflash firmware.

Hold down the Ctrl button on FlashScan when connecting it to USB power. (Do not have the OBD cable connected).
    This will power FlashScan without the display and the second and fourth lights will flash in unison.
    Open V8 Scan and Tune software.
    And select Program.

Cheers
    Cindy
    plugged flashscan into computer (nothing else pluggged in to the flashscan), blank screen is lit up, none of the lights are blinking, holding the cntrl button down does nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast