Thread: E67 to another E67

Question E67 to another E67

Hi guys, my question is is it possible to make a full backup of #1 E67 ECM and then back it up to another #2 E67 ECM (used from another car)? Will the VATS cause problem?

I want to have a spare ECM, just in case I mess up the original one and I found one pretty cheap.

Thank You.

Nobody knows?

Often tuned ECUs will not pass the test. Having an original back up, ready to plug in would be a great solution to this.

It should work if the year/model of the spare ECM is close/same as your main ECM.

If you full flash the same tune onto the spare ECM, VATS should not cause any problem, AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    It should work if the year/model of the spare ECM is close/same as your main ECM.

If you full flash the same tune onto the spare ECM, VATS should not cause any problem, AFAIK.
    Thank you, that would require 2 VIN licenses? Because I read from one VIN and transfer to another?

A

Lifetime Member

No, it will only require 1 VIN license if you intend to keep 1 of the ECMs factory. Reading/logging does not use a license, only when you flash a controller.

Note, you will need to obtain a spare ECM that has has the proper OS loaded via TIS/GM SPS. You cannot buy a random junkyard or even a brand new controller and Full Flash it with EFILive to have a spare ECM. If a new ECM, you need to ensure it is the correct part number and has been flashed for your vehicle with TIS/SPS. If a used controller, you need to make sure the OS on the controller is compatible with your vehicles' OS before attempting to flash with TIS/SPS.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

+1 flashing requires a license, reading does not.