Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sep 2017, Release Candidate 2

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boostin99SS View Post
    I keep getting decompression error #2026 on both files.
    Downloaded multiple times, same thing.
    Disabled real time scan on McAfee same thing.
    Any ideas?

Thx
    It is usually caused by some other software using one of the files that the installer is either installing or trying to modify/update. Most times it is the virus checker checking the files as they are being installed and clashing with the installer. But you said you disabled your anti-virus. If the error message occurs with any file that has "ft" in its name (like ftdibus.sys, or ftd2xx.lib, etc) then try unplugging any FlashScan/AutoCal devices (and any other USB devices that may use the FTDI USB driver set).
    And/or try rebooting the PC and installing the software immediately after a reboot.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Tried that, no change.
    It is occurring with the EFILIVE.exe file

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Agreed, I've often thought that would be nice for trying out files from other users (I'll see what I can do).

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks Paul.

If you are flashing in V8, and you open another instance or file. During the flashing event, Especially a cummins ecm, It will fail the flash after it gets to the end. The polling of the usb device during the open event or any attempt to communicate to the flashscan to verify things, interrupts the flash event and makes it not recoverable. Gives a checksum error on the flash.
    Another instance of the same thing is, Have a file flashing in the background, and open and edit a file and save that file with a lock, where it checks usb serial number/info, at that time as well, it will take over the cable for a brief second, causing the flash to go bad.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Another slight bug. When using BBX to update the autocal, if you go away from that screen to do other things, it will make the files corrupt sometimes???? Or it will give an error saying that there was a failure.
    Also, when using efi explorer, if you copy over a file, and click out of the box, to do something else, it fails on the transfer. Also, the progress bar across the screen freezes about 1 inch in making it look like the software is unresponsive. when doing that if you try to do anything else, it looks locked up and then fails.

Both verified on several computers here.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Remote link and un-link for autocals does not function when you click on the icon in control panel nothing is displayed.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunbob View Post
    Remote link and un-link for autocals does not function when you click on the icon in control panel nothing is displayed.
    The remote link/unlink appears to be working. Do you have any more details on your issue?

I tested with firmware 2.07.123 and firmware 2.07.124 using the RC2 software posted in this thread.

With FlashScan connected to the PC, I opened V8 S&T
    Selected Control Panel from the launch screen.
    Selected [F7:Licenses] -> [Status] to establish FlashScan connection.
    I then selected [Generate Remote-Link Code] and [Generate Remote-Unlink Code] from the drop down on the link button.
    The dialog box to enter the AutoCal serial was available, and when populated, the Email with the activation code was present.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Link.png 
Views:	226 
Size:	397.0 KB 
ID:	21547

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    If you are flashing in V8, and you open another instance or file. During the flashing event, Especially a cummins ecm, It will fail the flash after it gets to the end. The polling of the usb device during the open event or any attempt to communicate to the flashscan to verify things, interrupts the flash event and makes it not recoverable. Gives a checksum error on the flash.
    Another instance of the same thing is, Have a file flashing in the background, and open and edit a file and save that file with a lock, where it checks usb serial number/info, at that time as well, it will take over the cable for a brief second, causing the flash to go bad.

• Opening another tune window/file does not cause any comms with the FlashScan device, so that is a safe operation to perform during a read/reflash.
    • Saving a file during a reflash when that file has security settings will require some USB comms (to verify the FlashScan serial number) so that may (probably will) cause issues during a read or flash - the software should (but does not yet) prevent that situation. It will be fixed in the next update.
    • Using EFILive_Explorer during a read or flash will cause problems - that is something you should not do.

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    Another slight bug. When using BBX to update the autocal, if you go away from that screen to do other things, it will make the files corrupt sometimes???? Or it will give an error saying that there was a failure.
    Also, when using efi explorer, if you copy over a file, and click out of the box, to do something else, it fails on the transfer. Also, the progress bar across the screen freezes about 1 inch in making it look like the software is unresponsive. when doing that if you try to do anything else, it looks locked up and then fails.

Both verified on several computers here.
    Don't perform any other tasks while using EFILive Explorer. EFILive Explorer is not synchronized completely with the V8 scan and tune software so it will always clash if you attempt to use both applications at the same time to communicate with FlashScan.

The progress meter freezing is something that can't/won't be fixed in EFILive Explorer. It is caused because EFILive Explorer was written as a single threaded application which means Windows detects the time that EFILive Explorer spends waiting for the USB comms as "unresponsive". Once it "detects" that it puts the "Not responding" in the title bar and freezes the progress meter. Eventually the functionality of EFILive Explorer will be rolled into the V8 scan and tune software and EFILive Explorer will no longer be needed/used.

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12