Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: lc1 BEN factor for auto ve leaning out afr

i have 5 wires coming out of my lc1, none of them are green or brown..

okay I'm an idiot.. I do have a brown wire but it looks like it is going up to my wideband display gauge, can i just tee into it? still unsure about what ground I should be using, the one I am using seems to be doing something at least. on a side note I bought the car with this wideband setup so I'm unsure of how it is wired in.

No, do not tee into the brown wire.

You can instead re-program the other channel (yellow wire) to be 0-5V WB.

The ground wires are either green or white.

The black wire is not a ground, it is for initiating sensor recalibration, and for driving the LED.

what do I want to set my 0v and 5v at for the lambda or afr and which should I use?

For AFR: set 0.0V to AFR 7.35, set 5.0V to AFR 22.35...

and then we will need a new calc pid CALC.WB.LAMBDA that calculates {CALC.AFR_LC11}/14.7 to get lambda...

and then if you log GM.EQIVRATIO (instead of GM.AFR) the correction BEN is {GM.EQIVRATIO} * {CALC.WB.LAMBDA}

I can add it to your calc pids file above (later tonite).

So then, we're moving away from AFR (the only place where you need to set it is in B3601 in the tune), we going to log in Lambda...

you will see that PE is around 0.85 Lambda (or so) regardless of the fuel you use

( this will avoid a lot of confusion between B3601, wideband, and the actual fuel )

See attached calc_pids.txt... use the pid CALC.WO2BEN, remember to select all of its dependent pids.
    Attached Files Attached Files

dumb question, I just copy and paste that into "calc_pids.txt file, post it here, it's located under c:\user\<you>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration" correct? do I set it as a new document or overwrite my current one?

Yes, download and copy/paste the calc_pids.txt file, overwrite the current one;

then open it using Notepad or Notepad++ and look at it, if you see the units LAM and EQR defined near the top, then you have the correct file.

okay so i have everything hooked up and all the correct pids selected, is this the tune I want to run to do the auto ve now? it has my afr set at 14.7.

I also attached a log of testing everything hooked up and trying to get some cells on the map above a 50 count under the MAF tune. I'm not sure if the data looks correct, what do you think?

okay so I ran the tune from the last post and did a few sets of the auto ve around idle and its commanding more and more fuel each time. I don't see where the auto ve is trying to command a certain afr or lambda. you can see in the log that the lambda is showing lean (over 1.0) but the afr is showing rich which my eyeballs can tell is true lol.

sorry if this is basic stuff, I will tell you this though, I have learned a crap ton from you and doing all this the last few days. I really appreciate it and hope to help others some day.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast