Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: lc1 BEN factor for auto ve leaning out afr

Lifetime Member

Your power enrichment is effectively disabled... you've got {B3618} set to 1.0 lambda across the board. This is not good.

Also, B3605 peaks at EQR 1.129 which is barely rich enough for WOT if VE and MAF are already corrected and there is no knock.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Also, B3605 peaks at EQR 1.129 which is barely rich enough for WOT if VE and MAF are already corrected and there is no knock.
    I didn't even look at that table. At least there's some enrichment there, but it's an ugly way of doing PE... and he'll find out just how ugly it is if he ever switches to closed loop.

Yeah, that's not good.

Also, there's confusion caused by the various stoich AFR's.

And his LC-1 is pegged at AFR 7.38 i.e. zero volts.

so should I be starting somewhere else rather then setting up the VE table? I don't plan on switching back to closed loop anytime soon. what should my next steps be? I know my wideband is working, it was reading so rich because the added fuel from the tutorial, I let it ride like that just thinking that after I plugged in the numbers from the B chart it would lean it out enough to run it again. When I'm running with my MAF active my afr reads more normal between .920 and 1.150 depending on what I'm doing.
    Do you see any reason why when I run the tutorial it's multiplying most all the activated cells by .8? and why they would all be the same multiplier?

thanks again!

Lifetime Member

I agree with joecar that there's an issue with your widebands... they're reading zero volts. Can you switch over to MAF only mode and run a log for us so we can see what the widebands look like when they're reading close to stoich.

+1 run MAF-only and let's see wb's.

Also, were you expecting to run MAF/VE or VE-only after the AUtoVE was complete...?

here is another log I took when I was running with the MAF active, I'm assuming this is what you are referring to as MAF only? It shows lambda running around .97 lambda.

what screen do you look at on the logs? I typically look at the charting on the dashboard, are you guys looking at the data tab? I don't see where you are seeing zero volts. Unless you can somehow change the pids maybe? Or are you looking at the narrowband voltage hanging at .451mv. I only run one wideband on one bank and my narrowbands are both disconnected. I only log the second wideband because at first I wasn't sure which pid it would display under so I selected them both.

I'll be able to take another log tomorrow afternoon if there is something else you would like to see, I'll probably remove the misfire data from the pids to clean that up a little bit.

sorry for not understanding.. still trying tackle the steep learning curve.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was planning on running both MAF and VE but the VE table is the first one I'm trying to get sorted out.

Lifetime Member

That log doesn't show the wideband voltage. Do a fresh log in MAF mode and log the same parameters you logged in your last VE log.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast