Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 6.7 C&C Tuning Issues

Default 2018 6.7 C&C Tuning Issues

Hey guys,

I have a customer trying to flash his 2018 5500 Cummins. He grabbed the details via the OBD section of scan and tune and we did our thing and sent him a file for his ECM. However when trying to license the controller it would come back as no ignition ($549) but you can still pull the details from the ECM so it is seeing it. Not sure if this is because the ECM is returning 2018 details and the tune tool does not know how to handle it?

I never had issues with the 2017 doing the same thing last year.

Any ideas?

Hi Mitch,

In these cases the only way we can see what might be going on is to get the trace files. If EFILive thinks the ignition is switched off then it sounds like the ECM doesn't respond to certain messages we send out (a trace will show that).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

2018 have the same controller? I heard they were introducing a new dual core processor in 2018.

Well, that I don't know (it is possible something is coming) however we have the 2018 Tech Auth files are they are still CM2350B. ID, Checksums etc is all done just not mapping.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Well, that I don't know (it is possible something is coming) however we have the 2018 Tech Auth files are they are still CM2350B. ID, Checksums etc is all done just not mapping.
    Good to know we are able to support them. Thanks

Ill get a trace from the customer. In the mean time can you tell me if this OS is supported for read write?

CalID: 31321831AD
    Data Software: 05150521AC
    Boot: 0000000AA
    Cal Verification: $58151937

Thanks

Mitch

Mitch, that OS is supported for checksum corrections and flashing, but I have not mapped it yet. If you are doing your own thing then I would have thought you'd be ready to roll (we'll see what the trace says as to why it won't license).
    The 2018 layouts were only added in late August so make sure you update to probably RC3 as a safe bet.
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...se-Candidate-3

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Mitch, that OS is supported for checksum corrections and flashing, but I have not mapped it yet. If you are doing your own thing then I would have thought you'd be ready to roll (we'll see what the trace says as to why it won't license).
    The 2018 layouts were only added in late August so make sure you update to probably RC3 as a safe bet.
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...se-Candidate-3
    Yeah doing my own thing it just wont let it license to flash. Ill send traces tomorrow.

Thanks!

Mitch

This is what my customer found (who also works for chrysler).

Looks like the 2018s might only be bench flashable?

===========

Chrysler added a security gateway module this is the Description
    NOTE: The Security Gateway (SGW) Module is located behind the radio (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/RADIO/Removal) .

The SGW module is a Cyber Security hardware device to stop unwanted access and threats to the Controller Area Networks (CAN’s) for the vehicle. The gateway does not contain any drivers, and therefore does not directly operate or control any vehicle components.
    The complexity of in‐vehicle networking has led to the development of a variety of bus standards and protocols that are specific to their application domains. The SGW module serves as the information bridge between these communication domains and the diagnostic scantool. Serving also as the vehicle’s central interface for diagnostics and OEM flashing, hardware security features prevent unauthorized network access.
    and operation
    The Security Gateway (SGW) module is located in the Controller Area Network (CAN) architecture between the Data Link Connector (DLC), Radio Receiver Module (RRM) and Star Connector for Powernet. The main function is to gate messages from one bus to another. It provides security against certain types of attacks and threats from the service tool or RRM bus to the vehicle. The module gates messages within the CAN-C bus, or the CAN-CH bus. The module contains up to eight dual wire CAN channels that comply with CAN-FD (the module does NOT support partial networking functionality). The module is a frame gateway, it does not provide signal gateway functionality. With the gating there are several criteria that must be met, that is to say the message must be on the allowed list from the source bus. The SGW module prevents threats to the bus systems through the DLC. A secure connection must be present to allow authentication between the SGW module and the diagnostic scantool. The SGW module will then allow the radio to turn ON via the system data bus.

Interesting. I wonder if the DLC under the hood bypasses this module. That may be the future of non bench flashing.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast