Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2018 6.7 C&C Tuning Issues

Yes I agree but I was thinking to myself maybe they did this on purpose because there is some subtle hardware change internally and they want to make sure the 'B' files could not be flashed in to the 'F' ECM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I would say so, we've been testing the CSP operation of the 2018 in a 'B' ECM, but I don't know if there is subtle hardware differences that on a vehicle might be an issue.
    Every time I flash a 2018 file into my "B" ecm I get a $340 error. RSA has been removed. Anything special needed to flash a 2018 into the "B" ecm?

Mike, there might actually be some hardware differences stopping it working too. I don't think they would have gone to the trouble of new digital signatures that would ensure stock files couldn't be interchanged for no reason.
    If the $340 is happening at the end of the flash then that does indicate that whatever checks the ECM is performing at the end of the flash are failing and it is rejecting the file.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Mike, there might actually be some hardware differences stopping it working too. I don't think they would have gone to the trouble of new digital signatures that would ensure stock files couldn't be interchanged for no reason.
    If the $340 is happening at the end of the flash then that does indicate that whatever checks the ECM is performing at the end of the flash are failing and it is rejecting the file.
    It is failing at the end of the flash. Back to the drawing board. Man they made a mess out of the 2018 xcal's.....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456