Thread: P0102 in SD mode

Default P0102 in SD mode

I followed the AutoVE tutorial to a T. I disabled P0101-103 in the C6002 screen. I unplugged the signal wire at the MAF. Everything was great. I wasn't getting a check engine light.

Last night I hooked up my Dakota Digital dash and got it working good. Now the check engine light is on. For awhile I was using a LED for the check engine light. When I read the code its a EPA pending and PC code. I made sure my Freg fail is set to 1Hz.

If I turn them off in the DTC processing enablers the car will barely run and has no throttle.

How do I get this code to go away while I am in SD mode tuning the VE?

You can't, the PCM must have P0102 active to fall in to SD mode. Best you can do is turn off the MIL so you don't get the light but P0102 will always be there in the background if you want to run in SD mode.
    If you turn off P0102 then the PCM will still try to use the MAF (which isn't functional) and hence your 'barely run and has no throttle' result.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

GMPX,

Do you mean turn the MIL off for the P0102? Or turn the MIL off for everything? I set P0101, P0102 and P0103 to No MIL. But I am still getting a MIL on my gauge. With the only two codes being P0102 PC and EPA. This has me confused. If they are turned to No MIL, they shouldn't trigger the light correct?

Turning off the MIL for a DTC only stops the light coming on when the DTC sets (this is what you want for the MAF codes).
    Turning off the DTC & the MIL stops the code being processed entirely, you do not want that with MAF codes when running in SD.

"I set P0101, P0102 and P0103 to No MIL", yes that is what you want.

That would stop the Check Engine light on the cars instrument cluster, your gauge must be seeing the P0102 as active which it then thinks it needs to do the equivalent of turning on the MIL.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It is something with the gauge setup. I don't think it pulls enough of a load. When I hook the old light up that I had it works fine. Illuminated with the key on and off once the car has started. I will have to call Dakota Digital and ask them.

When the PCM sees that a MAF DTC is set, it runs SD... so regardless of MIL, you still need P0102 to show up to be in SD.