Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How's it coming guys?

Default Re: How's it coming guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    Any progress? Any problems? Keep us updated...
    Still no word I guess.... Sigh.

You guys want me to buy that HPtuner don't ya.

J/K :wink:
    2001 Trans-Am - A4 w/2.73
    Current Mod List
    Best 1/4
    N/A - 12.56@110.51
    N2O - 11.43@123.66 100 shot

I am on the bench between these two myself. I would prefer the FlashScan because I already own EFI V6 and think it is a great product. Any word when it will be ready and how much will the upgrade for people that already own EFI Live?

Don't give up hope!
    I know there's no excuse for interrupting progress, but the chief programmer's wife just had a baby - that should be good to a few days interruption in things. Keep in mind also, that because of the "downunder" time differences, it may be 2 days before a reply is posted.

Finally, note that there are no "pre order" or other shams going on here. It will be ready when it is ready, and there may be a week or so before any progress worth posting is made. I can assure that things are moving along.

Lastly, one other thing to consider... Would you trust your PCM, your powertrain, your car, and possibly your life to a product that doesn't provide literal one-on-one customer service, "sells no prodict before its time", and doesn't rely on its customers to be product testers, spouts paranoia hype in public, offers vaporware, and/or is almost proud of its unwillingness to respond to customer requests for improvements?

I can think of a few out there like that, and I know that the products from EFILive will meet the needs of its customers. (Otherwise I wouldn't be wasting my time with them.)

MRK

As for pricing, I know that's an issue, but even I can't 'conjure up' the pricing at this point. Aside from component, labor, R&D documentation, testing, and other development expenses, ther arer legal, and administratitive costs below all that, and then the marketing, promotion and packaging and shipping costs to be figured out.

Additionally, no one wants to sell something at so high a price it's not affordable to the average enthusiast, but also doesn't want it to be priced so low there is no return for further development, or (and unfortunately this is an issue) priced so low there is a credibility issue. I have personally encountered resistance to low priced products that are priced well under the competition while the fact is that the product is BETTER than the higher priced products. Unfortunately the marketplace rarely believes this, to everybodies loss.

Pricing is an art and a science, and you can be sure that every effort will be made to get this product out at the best price point, and it has already been said, that existing customers will be rewarded.

MRK

Quote Originally Posted by emarkay

Additionally, no one wants to sell something at so high a price it's not affordable to the average enthusiast, but also doesn't want it to be priced so low there is no return for further development, or (and unfortunately this is an issue) priced so low there is a credibility issue. I have personally encountered resistance to low priced products that are priced well under the competition while the fact is that the product is BETTER than the higher priced products. Unfortunately the marketplace rarely believes this, to everybodies loss.

MRK
    Don't worry, dude, if you underprice it I still promise to believe you.
    :wink:

Meanwhile I'm waiting for delivery on some paid-for "vaporware" and
    if it condenses timely/properly that belief may become a lot less relevant.
    To all appearances I'll be having ample time to evaluate it before having
    to make that decision. Tick, tock....

Best to sling less mud and more code & Gerber files. :roll:

Paul has said on one of the LS1Tech threads that we are aiming to ship by the end of the US summer.

So why announce it in the first place if we were not ready to ship by the next day, simple, some people need to save up for various mods, lets say they want a nice set of 19's, an exhaust, some other under bonnet mods and something to tune the car with. They figure, it looks like EFILive's tuning software will be out near the end of Summer, no probs, I'll get that exhaust fitted instead, I'm in no rush.

Sorry to you guys that want it NOW, but hey, I want an LS2, I ain't calling GM everyday asking when, I know it is coming though.......

I know you folks might not believe the hype without proof, but this Editor will be impressive, from what Paul has sent me so far I just get a big grin on my face thinking, oh yeah, that's a winner.
    But if we let you all know exactly what it will offer over the others as far as features and additonal tuning parametrs you can bet in the 'updates' the others offer they will also include such features.
    Better just to drop the big bomb and let them play catch-up.

For those that can't wait, we are sorry, and hope you enjoy your choice whatever it may be. For those that can hang out I am positive you won't regret it.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emarkay
    but the chief programmer's wife just had a baby - that should be good to a few days interruption in things.
    Better re-phrase that to chief PCM programmer's wife.
    i.e. GMPX not me,

Paul

(The only thing that wakes me up early in the morning is phone calls from the US. Emarkay... hmmmm???? :lol: )

Hey, Paul, don't blame me - Its YOUR fault you are not only hemispherically inverted as well as living a day in the future. You get an 18 hour head start on things, so stand on your head, look in a mirror, and start coding!

Yes, progress is being made!

One additional thought to ponder is that when you are doing a project as a labor of love, not only is the end result BETTER, but the "pride and willingness to assist" is MUCH greater in the final product. The downside is that the "push" and "priority" is tempered by the personal priorities in each of the participants. Yes, it's a commercial product, but while it's unfortunately the norm to sometimes obscure facts, to panic and to make commitments that are unrealistic in the world of "Big Business", I can and do assure you that EFILive and it's partners don't operate that way.

They are real people who love what they do and want to share their experiance. Figure out the amount of time thay have already spent and you'll see that they are NOT in it to make big $$. Other products may work as well, some may feature more "gee whiz" bells and whistles, while others may stare at you blankly while you scratch your head....

Be patient and you will be rewarded with a product that will exceed your expectations and if not, I can assure you that EFILive will do it's best to get you what you think is missing, to make it so. I have seen it happen and know this policy will continue!

MRK

Sounds great guys. I'd much rather wait for the best product. I see a lot of mature decisions being made, IE no "preorders", constantly-pushed-back-deadlines, etc.

Just keep us posted, seeing progress makes folks like myself happy.

Lifetime Member

joel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast