Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PLX SM AFR Serial

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question PLX SM AFR Serial

Hi All

I have been using the PLX M300 with the mods as in the forum and it worked great for over two years. My device finally failed and i cant purchase the same anymore so i had to go with the newer SM AFR without a screen attached to it.

I got a TTL RS232 adapter which I had for the previous PLX and did the same mods +3.3, GND and TX to the adapter VCC, GND and TX.

Selected wideband com port and PLX and now the readings are 280-290 AFR. I checked with PLX and they say nothing is changed. Can someone help me with what can be wrong ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171004_0056560.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	21565Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLX Pin.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	327.4 KB 
ID:	21566

I have attached the ground pin from the main power adapter. I have checked the TTL adapter and the power supply is 3.3 Volts. But the readings are way too high. I was happy using the old unit and really got used to it. I can't go back to an analog configuration now since i really liked the clean serial data.

What does V2 show in Lambda and EQR...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    What does V2 show in Lambda and EQR...?
    Could it be that its actually reading another fuel type like CNG ? I don't have a gauge. Is there any other way to check what it reads ? Also Joecar is there anyway to read it on to a PC with a terminal to view the serial output ?

Thanks

Yes, try connecting to HyperTerm or PuTTY on a Windows PC...

It shows 19 - 20 Lamda. I didnt check EQR

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ne0c0de View Post
    It shows 19 - 20 Lamda. I didnt check EQR
    Are you using the latest software available here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...se-Candidate-3
    If not I highly recommend updating to it - it has a number of updates to the serial wide band data comms.

Can you connect up the PLX to FlashScan, and select the FlashScan menu option: F1 Scan Tool -> F2 Data Logging -> F3 Display WO2.

Use the Backspace key to cycle through the supported wide band controller types until you have selected PLX.
    Use the Enter key to cycle the display data until you can see Lambda and AFR, like this:

Name:	plx_afr_lambda.png 
Views:	457 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	21571

Allow FlashScan to "see" the serial data for 5-10 seconds (the left orange LED should flash periodically to indicate that serial data is being sent/recv).
    Then (without powering down FlashScan) select the option: F1 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F4 Save COM Data
    Then using EFILive Explorer, copy the saved file from FlashScan to your PC and send it to me at paul@efilive.com (or attach it to this thread).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Are you using the latest software available here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...se-Candidate-3
    If not I highly recommend updating to it - it has a number of updates to the serial wide band data comms.

Can you connect up the PLX to FlashScan, and select the FlashScan menu option: F1 Scan Tool -> F2 Data Logging -> F3 Display WO2.

Use the Backspace key to cycle through the supported wide band controller types until you have selected PLX.
    Use the Enter key to cycle the display data until you can see Lambda and AFR, like this:

Name:	plx_afr_lambda.png 
Views:	457 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	21571

Allow FlashScan to "see" the serial data for 5-10 seconds (the left orange LED should flash periodically to indicate that serial data is being sent/recv).
    Then (without powering down FlashScan) select the option: F1 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F4 Save COM Data
    Then using EFILive Explorer, copy the saved file from FlashScan to your PC and send it to me at paul@efilive.com (or attach it to this thread).

Regards
    Paul
    Hi Paul

I was going to send you the data. But when I checked with PLX they told me the only reason that might happen is if the internal setting would be CNG. With my PLX a DM6 gauge was missing and i just ordered it yesterday. Let me get the gauge first and make sure its on Gasoline and then i will log again and send you the data. I thought the TTL adapter was faulty so i removed off the connections. When i get the gauge i will solder them back and send you the data.

Also I'm trying to modulate the same signal internally from a NTK AFRM. What would you need to add it to show on EFI Live Serial data ?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ne0c0de View Post
    Hi Paul

Also I'm trying to modulate the same signal internally from a NTK AFRM. What would you need to add it to show on EFI Live Serial data ?
    The same type of serial info that you posted for the PLX.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Looks like everything is off by a factor of 20...

Do you know the settings to connect to them ? Like Baud rate, Data bits, Stop Bits etc ?

Also after connecting how will it start logging ? Any commands to be send ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast