Thread: Help going from Analog to Serial AFR with PLX SM-AFR Gen2. Sample log

Lifetime Member

Default Help going from Analog to Serial AFR with PLX SM-AFR Gen2. Sample log

I've gotten my car back on the road and trying to tune with EFILive (1998 Trans Am, 2000 PCM, 2009 Corvette Z06 engine, Darton Sleeves, Forged Internals, Comp Cam, Procharger running about 10-11 PSI Boost)
    I'm using the analog output from this Wideband device to log AFR:
    https://www.plxdevices.com/v/vspfile...user_guide.pdf

I'm trying to get my AFR to mid 11's (I've been given to understand that is a good target for Boosted)

I've only been doing short, quick runs until I can ensure I won't be running too lean once I go all the way in it. Here is a log, on the street (tires are spinning). 93 Octane gasoline.
    I added fuel since this run you see here, but similar to the way you see the range of AFR in this log, it is a similar range of values between 10.5:1 to 13:1 and I'm not sure what to do with it when the values are above and below my target AFR.
    Also, the AFR is different when I blast through 1st and 2nd compared to when I do something like, say, hit it at cruising speed and it downshifts to 2nd.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quick WOT 1stand2nd Question about Serial WB.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	540.6 KB 
ID:	24441

Is AFR really fluctuating like this, or might serial data give me more consistent and accurate readings?

I've searched and been reading some threats about serial data collection, but I am not sure if I am looking at the most recent information as to how to hook my PLX SM-AFRGen2 to log serial AFR.
    Does EFILive folk sell a cable pre-made?

As an aside, I usually get that KR in the 2000 to 4000 RPM range, even when I loser Spark values. I'd like to solve that. I don't know if it is false knock occurring when I initially go WOT. I guess I need to put some 100 Octane in and see if it goes away.
    I'd rather be blown, bored... AND stroked!
    Now: 447 CID (Corvette 427) , ATI Procharger D-1SC Supercharger

Lifetime Member

Does anyone know of an EFILive Tuner with a Dyno near North Carolina? There are tuners all over doing HP Tuners (several right here in Raleigh), but I don't want to stop trying with EFILive.
    I'd rather be blown, bored... AND stroked!
    Now: 447 CID (Corvette 427) , ATI Procharger D-1SC Supercharger