Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PLX SM AFR Serial

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Are you using the latest software available here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...se-Candidate-3
    If not I highly recommend updating to it - it has a number of updates to the serial wide band data comms.

Can you connect up the PLX to FlashScan, and select the FlashScan menu option: F1 Scan Tool -> F2 Data Logging -> F3 Display WO2.

Use the Backspace key to cycle through the supported wide band controller types until you have selected PLX.
    Use the Enter key to cycle the display data until you can see Lambda and AFR, like this:
    Attachment 21571

Allow FlashScan to "see" the serial data for 5-10 seconds (the left orange LED should flash periodically to indicate that serial data is being sent/recv).
    Then (without powering down FlashScan) select the option: F1 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F4 Save COM Data
    Then using EFILive Explorer, copy the saved file from FlashScan to your PC and send it to me at paul@efilive.com (or attach it to this thread).

Regards
    Paul
    Hi Paul

I was going to send you the data. But when I checked with PLX they told me the only reason that might happen is if the internal setting would be CNG. With my PLX a DM6 gauge was missing and i just ordered it yesterday. Let me get the gauge first and make sure its on Gasoline and then i will log again and send you the data. I thought the TTL adapter was faulty so i removed off the connections. When i get the gauge i will solder them back and send you the data.

Also I'm trying to modulate the same signal internally from a NTK AFRM. What would you need to add it to show on EFI Live Serial data ?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ne0c0de View Post
    Hi Paul

Also I'm trying to modulate the same signal internally from a NTK AFRM. What would you need to add it to show on EFI Live Serial data ?
    The same type of serial info that you posted for the PLX.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Question

Ok I got the gauge and it is set to AFR. I had an older version of EFI Live and i updated to the one that Paul suggested. Also i noticed there is a STOICH option for PLX so i set that to 14.7 as the PLX manual.

I constantly get weird lambda readings and they don't change with the AFR on the PLX. I checked all connections and then checked all options and did it again.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-...J0SjIxSFE/view

For some reason the stoich was set as 0.2 when i updated and that is the COM log USR_0002.bin
    I set it to 14.7 and saved the data as USR_0003.bin

After i restarted the device and logged again I get AFR correct at times and it jumps to weird values later. What i have found is on the gauge is that it now displays BATTERY VOLTAGE, SENSOR HEALTH and SENSOR RESPONSE TIME.

Could it be that it is getting other readings on the TX Port ?

Paul I am emailing the BIN files to your email and hope its sorted out soon.

Are you sure your TTL adapter is working properly?
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

Quote Originally Posted by SS2win View Post
    Are you sure your TTL adapter is working properly?
    To make sure, I am going to use a brand new one today. Even the one I used was new.

Anyway hope that's the issue. I guess there is something different on this GEN IV. The old PLX worked perfect and I was using the same adapter.

I tried a new one and it still reads 2.55 lambda and 30 + AFR.

Here is the info from PLX
    The extended information has the addresses and data for each of these values. I don't think it's similar as the old PLX so Paul please take a look for me. It would also help other plx users to obtain the serial data.

I tried a new one and it still reads 2.55 lambda and 30 + AFR.

Here is the info from PLX

The extended information has the addresses and data for each of these values. I don't think it's similar as the old PLX so Paul please take a look for me. It would also help other plx users to obtain the serial data.
    The trace data you sent to me shows 4 serial devices are connected.
    Device: 00 = wide band
    Device: 18 = volt meter
    Device: 25 = unknown
    Device: 26 = unknown

FlashScan is only designed/configured to connect to 1 or 2 wide band controllers - the data from the other devices is being interpreted (incorrectly) as wide band data.

I will update the FlashScan firmware to ignore those other devices, but for now you should only have 1 or 2 wide band controllers connected.

Regards
    Paul

FlashScan is only designed/configured to connect to 1 or 2 wide band controllers - the data from the other devices is being interpreted (incorrectly) as wide band data.

I will update the FlashScan firmware to ignore those other devices, but for now you should only have 1 or 2 wide band controllers connected.

Regards
    Paul
    Ok so it is different from the old PLX models. I think the other two that it reads is Sensor Health and Sensor Reaction time since other than the wideband and nothing else connected, that is what the gauge reads.

So i guess i will have to wait for the firmware update to make sure its all working ok.

Btw, will we have to select a new WIDEBAND from the list of gauges or will it work on the old PLX ?

Finally, how long will it be approx for the firmware update ?

Thanks

Regards
    Paul
    And currently only one wideband is connected and nothing more.

Thanks

And currently only one wideband is connected and nothing more.

Thanks
    Ahh, I see. So a single wideband controller sends sensor data as if from 4 different sensors. Nothing has "changed" in the PLX implementation, it is EFILive's implementation of the PLX serial protocol that is a bit naive. It assumes (incorrectly) that only a single sensor data packet will be transmitted from a single wide band controller.

Depending on the complexity of the fix, it may make it into the next public release due out in a day or two.
    If not, then it will be in the next update. The schedule for that update is not yet decided.

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast