Thread: Last Cummins ECM that supported memory read?

Default Last Cummins ECM that supported memory read?

Hello all:

I have been searching, and reading, but I have quick question for those on the forums.
    What was the time line of the last Cummins ECM that supported a full memory read command, via OBD2 or direct at the ECM?
    Was it prior to the RSA security patch that was released by Chrysler in 2009, for the CM2100 ?
    I am pretty sure that the CM2200 did not have a means to read out of the ECM, but how was it done to secure the software inside?
    Can any of the forum give answers for this? Just looking for some more in depth info, Please and Thanks.
    TNX in advance.

crdth

Lifetime Member

Here are some base files to tune off of.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...200-base-files

If you need more than that its time to do some research because that is a long steep road...

Thanks, I have the base files I need for what I am working on.
    I am just wondering what the tuning future may look like, considering the security changes all
    manufacturers have been making up till now.
    TNX

crdth

No it started with the 2010+ ECM change to the CM2200 (what we called CMD), the 07-09 they still allowed OBD-II reading but at some point they got digital signature verifications added, OBD-II reading is not functional and hasn't made a return since the 2010 models.
    If you are wondering about the future you might want to read over this thread.
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...d-news-for-L5P
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

TNX for the info. Yes, I read the Dmax L5P thread. Sure seem to paint a dark picture for future tuning abilities. Just wonder how quickly GM and other
    manufacturers will make changes across their product lines, in a similar way to enhance secuity. Was the efi RSA patch released to fix the CM2200 and CM2350 signature verifications,
    or was the CM2100 included also? And the CM2100 could be read in original efi live fashion, tuned and then reflashed, correct? I have a CM2200, which I know I can not read, just wanted
    to know a little history about what can and can't be done with the different series of Cummins ecm's. Have heard 2018 is NOT better as far as programming/tuning goes.
    TNX
    crdth

CM2100 - Read & Write and Digital Signature patch where applicable (not all ECM's have it).
    CM2200 - No Read, Write and Digital Signature patch available.
    CM2350B - No Read, Write but we don't offer Digital Signature patch, there is a few devices out there that do it via the under hood J1939 port.
    2018+ ?? No idea yet, probably not going to loosen the security though.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.