Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gm.est_trq_dma ????

Lifetime Member

Default Gm.est_trq_dma ????

Can anyone tell me anything about this PID? I've got this PID showing its pulling about 10 degrees at the shift and then slowly decays to zero. I want to keep it puling timing at the shift but would like to ramp the timing back in quicker. Car is running an O2 OS. I have B1902 zero'd out.

The description of the pid GM.EST_TRQ_DMA says this:

Quote Originally Posted by scantool
    Final Torque Management Spark {GM.EST_TRQ_DMA}

Units: degrees
    Range: -64..63.5 degrees

Torque Management contribution to the final ignition timing spark advance value.

This PID will monitor the final retard value for the sum of the following three torque management modules.
    1 - Transmission Torque Reduction. (GM.EST_XMSN_DMA)
    2 - Traction Control. (GM.EST_TRAC_DMA)
    3 - Brake Torque. (GM.EST_BTM_DMA)

This value is controlled by the "Torque Limiting" and "Traction Control" calibrations in the EFILive Tuning Tool.
    The spark retard tables in the "Traction Control" section controls the final amount of spark that will be retarded based on the above 3 PID's.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    The description of the pid GM.EST_TRQ_DMA says this:
    Thanks Joe. Thankfully I logged those 3 PIDS as well. The traction control was zero, but the other 2 were almost identical. They start at zero and then at the 2-3 shift they both jump to 22 degrees and slowly decay to 13 degrees. Can you tell me what tables control brake torque and transmission torque reduction? I've been using D0801-D0803 to control torque reduction at the shift, but the delay is too slow.

Something else that just occurred to me is according to the EFI Live description, brake torque management is only used on ETC vehicles.....and that doesn't apply to me lol. Would it still be pulling timing or affecting anything? Perhaps I should disable them and also max out B6619 and B6620?

Lifetime Member

I may just have had an epiphany. I tell the PCM to pull 30% of torque at the 2-3 shift. If I look at B6605 and check out 30%, it shows the same timing I am seeing by logging BTM and XMSN. I am wondering if the trans torque reduction table is referencing this table for how much timing to pull to achieve the desired torque reduction. Am I in the ball park?

Quote Originally Posted by ddnspider View Post
    I may just have had an epiphany. I tell the PCM to pull 30% of torque at the 2-3 shift. If I look at B6605 and check out 30%, it shows the same timing I am seeing by logging BTM and XMSN. I am wondering if the trans torque reduction table is referencing this table for how much timing to pull to achieve the desired torque reduction. Am I in the ball park?
    I think you found the cause.

Torque Reduction: see tables D0801,2,3; and also look at D2004 and its enablers D2001,2,3 and D0301.

Brake Torque: see B0401,2; I'm not sure where it gets its spark reduction from. might be B6605 like you found.

Lifetime Member

Cool. I'll have to play with it some....bigger "issue" is I maxed the maf on a 70 percent scaled tune lol...will have to go back and rescale some more. I'll probably make a thread on tech about my trans tune since the car is making serious power and the STOCK 4l60e is living.

Your trans is living please link us to that thread when you make it.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Your trans is living please link us to that thread when you make it.
    No problem will do. I want to get to the track first so I can make sure of everything first.

Lifetime Member

Haha no problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast