Hello everyone,
Sorry to ask whats probably a dumb question right off the bat, but a search didn't turn up any results, unless I did that wrong, which isn't unheard of either, but anywho,

Is there any easy way to use efilive as a bi directional scan tool to actually test by cycling my reductant heaters on and off, as that is apparently the last step in resetting an error with one of the three having gone open for more than three seconds and simply clearing the code will not reset the glowplug control module of my LML Duramax and it is still headed for a limp mode condition and while its a covered issue the dealer can't get it in until one day next week, I really hate to go buy an mdi2 and the associated software subscriptions for a low use piece although I'm sure once word got out I would have plenty of buddies showing up and looking for the proverbial favor. And in that train of thought what does anybody here think about the various aftermarket "ie Snapon / Matco /Mac / whoever" bi directional tools rather than the GM based mdi2???

Thanks
Dan