Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMC $0380 Error - Trace Included

Default CMC $0380 Error - Trace Included

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I figured it might help someone else if they ever have this issue.

Trying to flash a 09 C&C truck and getting this error that I have never got before, truck is no crank at this point and this and the #0380 error we are getting is shown in the attachment as well as the trace file from this session. Any ideas?

Thanks so much

Mitch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22561165_10155606379172040_1786604795_o.png 
Views:	219 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	21614  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Based on the screen shot it must have initially failed on the reflash and now it is refusing to recover?
    Did they try the battery unhook for a few minutes trick?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Based on the screen shot it must have initially failed on the reflash and now it is refusing to recover?
    Did they try the battery unhook for a few minutes trick?
    This one is being done remotely, he did say it started to flash once now it will not take anything else. I have never seen this error before so I was hoping the trace would point to something.

Thanks

Mitch

But did they try unhooking the battery to ensure the ECM is reset?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

But did they try unhooking the battery to ensure the ECM is reset?
    Yes I had him do that this AM to test it before boxing up the ECM and shipping it to us. He said no change.

Thanks

Mitch

Ok, can you bench these OK? Cummins ECM's should always be recoverable unless a 'bad' file was flashing in and completed resulting in a brick, but that of course isn't where this ECM is at.

Ok, can you bench these OK? Cummins ECM's should always be recoverable unless a 'bad' file was flashing in and completed resulting in a brick, but that of course isn't where this ECM is at.
    Shouldnt be an issue we have all the cummins bench harness's ill give it a go. Basically was just hoping you saw this error before or you could tell me exactly what it means as in all the years of doing this this is my first time seeing this particular error.

Thanks

Mitch

Mitch, sometimes they do get themselves in a twist when a flash has not completed. My experience in recommending what to do is unhooking power to the ECM fixes the problem and allows it to be recovered (it will be in bootmode but that isn't an issue for recovery). Unfortunately that trace file was totally blank (sorry, I should have said something after you posted it).

Mitch, sometimes they do get themselves in a twist when a flash has not completed. My experience in recommending what to do is unhooking power to the ECM fixes the problem and allows it to be recovered (it will be in bootmode but that isn't an issue for recovery). Unfortunately that trace file was totally blank (sorry, I should have said something after you posted it).
    Alright no worries, hes shipping us the ECM. If I still have issues it will be easier to deal with as it will be in our hands.

Thanks

Mitch

So Ross,

We have it hooked up on the bench, rom booted it just to good measure and shes popping that message right at the start, the HTX file is only 2kb when doing this so I think its blank.

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks

Mitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast