Thread: drilled 90 TB

Default drilled 90 TB

I was tuning a auto f body yesterday with afr heads, .595 lift cam, fast 90 intake and a nick williams 90 TB with a hole drilled in it. I can't get it to idle right, and when it starts it has to hunt for a second before it idles. I have bever drilled a tb, so I have never tuned one before with a hole. What do I need to change for the drilled hole?

Some thoughts that might help. You should still log RAFPN and RAFIG pids against ECT to adjust running airflow. You "might" also want to move the effective area table down a few cells to reflect the additional area of airflow from the hole and larger TB.
    Other than that you should be ok. Try bumping idle speed up initially to help. You can also add or subtract say 20% across the desired airflow table to get it rough enough to log and adjust accurately.
    If it hunts a lot, look at spark/idle under and overshoot adjustment. I found for a cam its way to aggressive and will see you over and undershooting constantly. Mine is about 30% of the orginal value.
    YMMV as usual.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.