Thread: Jerking when vehicle is at rolling idle.

Lifetime Member

Default Jerking when vehicle is at rolling idle.

Tuning has progressed a bit but now I have hit a nasty snag. Current tuner does not seem to be able to crack this one.

When at a rolling idle. Clutch is out. 0% on the gas. The vehicle will roll forward. After so many seconds a slight jerk will develop. This jerking is self amplifying and will not stop unless you push in the clutch or throttle past idling. Eventually it gets so bad it feels like the vehicle will destroy itself. This makes it very hard to do any offroading, trailering, or bumper to bumper traffic. If I am in the granny gear the truck will stall for a moment and then spring to life like crazy and then stall sometimes locking up the tires and then surge again. We are talking like 500 rpm to about 900 rpm surging. If you are in rush hour it makes you ride the clutch the whole time.

The guy who sold me the cam said it was very mild and should have no drivability issues. My tuner says that some combos can't be tuned or are like this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Feels like I am in tuning hells BTW. LOL. I should have just dropped a bone stock motor in. :(