Thread: Current Public Release (Oct 2017)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Current Public Release (Oct 2017)

Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing the Oct 2017 Public Release Release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.13 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.8 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.126 (Oct 18, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Download here:
    Known Issues:
    Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
    When black-box, cal-flashing an E98 *.coz (calibration only) file, the cal-flash will fail with error $0185.
    Workaround:
    Use pass-thru flashing for E98 *.coz files.
    Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue #4:
    When data logging using V7 pass-thru logging, the SAE.MAP PID will be scaled incorrectly for late model, forced induction platforms.
    Workaround:
    Use Black Box Logging or V8 pass-thru scanning.

Issue #5:
    When resizing the main V8 Scan and Tune window to its minimum height, the [F8: Tools] icon is partially obscured.
    Workaround:
    Expand the window vertically.

-
    Last edited by Blacky; November 2nd, 2017 at 05:11 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Hey Paul, when you open V8 with large EFILive icons and then shrink the vertical size, it will let you cut off the bottom of the F8: Tools button. I have a 1080p screen running at 100% display scaling, also tried at 125%. I also clicked the "Small buttons" option in the "View" menu and it applies correctly to the non-main windows (i.e. Tune files, properties, etc) but not to the main V8 S&T window. I can't remember if this is expected functionality or not, I'll admit it's been a while since I've played with the button sizes.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Hey Paul, when you open V8 with large EFILive icons and then shrink the vertical size, it will let you cut off the bottom of the F8: Tools button. I have a 1080p screen running at 100% display scaling, also tried at 125%. I also clicked the "Small buttons" option in the "View" menu and it applies correctly to the non-main windows (i.e. Tune files, properties, etc) but not to the main V8 S&T window. I can't remember if this is expected functionality or not, I'll admit it's been a while since I've played with the button sizes.
    The main window [F8: Tools] icon should not get cut off - I'll fix that.
    The "small buttons" option is only designed to control the tab sizes in the sub-windows, not the buttons on the main Scan and Tune window.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The main window [F8: Tools] icon should not get cut off - I'll fix that.
    The "small buttons" option is only designed to control the tab sizes in the sub-windows, not the buttons on the main Scan and Tune window.

Regards
    Paul
    Great, thanks for the clarification on that Paul!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.