Thread: Tuning with new injectors (12613411)

Default Tuning with new injectors (12613411)

I have the truck vacuum regulated return style fuel rail installed currently. I was given some 2012 5.3 injectors. They are part number 12613411. I found a 2012 5.3 truck file to steal info from but its a Gen 4 style system. The table are different. I know that my Injector Flow Rate will be flat because I am running a vacuum regulator. I am curious if anyone knows what these injectors flow. I have seen several numbers. I believe they are 36 lb/hr. Does this sound right? Also what other injector information needs transcribed from the Gen 4 to my Gen 3 computer. What is the best way to do this? I understand that Delta kpa 400 is 0 manifold pressure and 58 psi fuel pressure. and 480 would be 58 psi fuel pressure and 80 kpa manifold pressure. It just sucks cause the cells are less in some tables and more in others. Does anyone have a good way of doing this? What happens if something is off? Major tuning issues? Minor probably never noticed issues?

I attached the file with injector tables updated to the 12613411 injector. Please let me know if this looks correct.

Thanks

I think they might be 32 lb/hr at 43.5 psi, which makes them 37 lb/hr at 58 psi, so you might be right at 36 lb/hr (you did not specify at what pressure).

Make sure you sanity check measure rail pressure with the vacuum/reference hose temporarily disconnected.

You need to copy all the injector tables that can (you will have to do some interpolation as you have found out).

Sorry. I was not sure on the pressure. I was just reading online and one forum post stated 36.

I have 58ish psi on the rail.

I was really hoping someone knew what tables were important and how accurate I needed to get them. Or if someone created something that would transcribe the Gen 4 data over to Gen 3 data.

How important is it to have exact data? I know that some say that is why you pay extra for quality injectors. So you get the data.

What data is so important besides flow rating?

The rest of the injector data determines how well fueling is controlled at idle.

Before the injector swap. I had the small truck non-flex fuel injectors. I had great 14.3-15.1 idle AFR. Low load cruise was also 14.6-15.0 AFR. My only problem was that I ran out of fuel under WOT. It would start off in the mid 12s then as the RPMs climb. I would see 16s. I tried to swap all tables over. I am not sure if everything was right. I feel like I didn't get the information right.

I now see 12.6 idle AFRs under light driving I see 12.2-12.7. Under WOT I see 11s now and it does not climb higher than that. So I finally have enough fuel for WOT. I feel like I messed something up.

Log the injector duty cycle pids to see if you're maxing out your injectors...

CALC.INJDC1/2