Thread: Public Release (Updated Oct 31, 2017)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Public Release (Updated Oct 31, 2017)

An error has been detected in this software. Links and Check for Updates patches have been removed. October 20, 2017 public release software has been reactivated.

If you have updated to this public release, please revert to the previous public release, which can be found here https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ase-(Oct-2017)

Release Notes:

Version Numbers:
    After installing the Oct 2017 Public Release Release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.14 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.9 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.127 (Oct 25, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Download here:
    LINKS REMOVED
    If you have the previous October 2017 public release version installed (V7.5.13 and/or V8.2.8), you may use the "Check For Updates" start menu option for V7.5 and V8 to update the software automatically - requires an Internet connection.

Known Issues:

Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

-
    Last edited by Blacky; May 10th, 2018 at 02:07 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Paul
    I will check MAP scaler
    EFILive Tuner

Updating one calibration with alternate values from another cal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efiV7updatingfilewalternatevalue.PNG 
Views:	241 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	21654

Just to let everyone know Paul is away until Monday so any issues won't be addressed until he is back.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

An error has been detected in this software. Links and Check for Updates patches have been removed. October 20, 2017 public release software has been reactivated.

If you have updated to this public release, please revert to the previous public release, which can be found here https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ase-(Oct-2017)

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post

Cheers
    Cindy
    I had a couple of CM2200 flashes that left me scratching my head. This error have anything to do with CM2200?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    I had a couple of CM2200 flashes that left me scratching my head. This error have anything to do with CM2200?
    Not that I'm aware of. The issue that we pulled the release for was file sizes in V7 - all files saved were 2KB and unusable. Should be fixed when Paul returns tonight.

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.