Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boosted C6Z06 Texas Mile

Default Boosted C6Z06 Texas Mile

We had a great weekend at The Texas Mile in Victoria running car 120 a 2006 Z06. Would like to congratulate Bobby Weige on his new best of 218.9mph and his great driving. Every pass was 213+mph this weekend with 10+mph head winds. We managed to speed up every pass with just tuning changes until we maxed our fuel system keeping us from hitting our 220mph goal.
    I would like to thank everyone who fought the wind and cold with us this weekend, it takes some great friends to help from Thursday-Sunday.
    We have ran this 400" Dart LSX from Scott Herzog at Arrow Machine in Brenham at 200+mph at the last 5 Texas Mile events and just changed the oil and plugs. We are about at the limit of our blower but we are just getting getting started on making power with this motor. It makes tuning so much easier when you have such a solid engine to work with. Besides 30 runs at the mile all at over 200+mph it has countless Dyno pulls on it making over 1,000rwhp.
    Car is still running the E38 ECM tuned OL SD with EFI Live and logged with our custom autocal with serial wideband.

Hey Cool Good Job

do you have any vid's...?

No it was to cold for me to video and we had 15mph head winds so I had gloves on the whole time, lol. I'll check and see if any of our guys got any video.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    No it was to cold for me to video and we had 15mph head winds so I had gloves on the whole time, lol. I'll check and see if any of our guys got any video.
    no worries.

Lifetime Member

Awesome!
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Cool

What kind of fuel, boost, timing, and AFR progression did you have to run for the mile? On a 388LSX in a 2010 Camaro, I managed to warp all my intake valves on the 2nd run at the same event (Oct 2017) and was told the trick was to run less timing and a progressively richer AFR to control combustion temps. The engine is making about 1050 rwhp on 20 lbs peak boost on a TVS2300 with a 150 shot. Peak timing of 19 deg, less 8 deg peak timing pulled for the nitrous on 105 leaded fuel. I lost a plug due to a bad injector, but before that AFR was running 11.0 on bank 2 and 10.5 on bank 1 (known differential we've noticed on this and the previous LS3.... we believe it's a blower air flow deal after lots of fuel routing & injector swapping tests). Peak intake air temps were 126 deg under nitrous and ice bath intercooler, but shot up to 172 peak when the N2O turned off way early and #2 cylinder compression lost.

The piston got a heat warp from the injector running at 60% (all new injectors and 1 piston), but cylinder good otherwise, replacing the #2 valves along with all new custom 1000 series Ferrea intake valves made from their inconnel metal (but not a true inconnel valve like the exhaust valves are).

Any insight on the AFR and timing differences for the mile run in particular would be greatly appreciated. I plan on being their in fall of 2018 again.
    Last edited by Blue70SS; February 22nd, 2018 at 07:50 AM.

Car is ready for March Texas Mile. New fuel system, re-wired and re-tuned.

At 20psi we are at 18degs at .76-.77 lambda with IAT under 100 running Q16 race gas. We tune cars for the mile, Bonneville and some race boats. Anytime your tuning something that is going to be running WOT or under load for long periods of time the tune has to be spot on. Our nitrous Z06 we were spraying a .041 jet in our fogger (500hp) at the mile for 18 seconds. We spend alot of time on the dyno (with eddy brake) getting the tunes spot on before the mile and also read the plugs and carefully go through the data log from each run. Both cars have built motors, the nitrous car we just started on it today, new motor, trans, fuel system, and going to blower.

To much timing is was kills 99% of the motors that blow up at the mile. Detonation is your enemy! There is no such thing as running it rich so its safe, the plugs and data logs dont lie and will tell you what the motor wants.

Have you found any benefit in datalogging using EGT sensors to assist in dialing it in for mile runs and highlighting potential problems before they get worse? (like bad injectors or cylinder differences)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast