Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boosted C6Z06 Texas Mile

EGT sensors would be great but all the cars we take to the mile are stock pcm street cars. Less than 1% of the cars I tune ever have egt sensors even the full blown race cars running after market ecu's. If you read the plugs each run it will give you everything you need to know about each cylinder.

Thanks! Good info.... still toying with the EGT sensors. 1 gauge can display 4 sensors and EFIlive will take two K type inputs or 4 0-5v inputs. Even monitoring 1 cylinder per bank would give useful info. Might monitor cylinder 1 & 2 based on nitrous bias and swap to 7-8 at times
    Last edited by Blue70SS; February 26th, 2018 at 04:46 PM.

Even with EGT at the mile and any racing IMO reading the plugs is KEY. Having the correct heat range and correct fuel is KEY also for spraying a mile. I started out spraying 400 (300 in fogger and 100 in the plate) and then went to 400 in the fogger and 150 on the plate. It moved my hot cylinders around upping the jets on the plate. When I went to the 400 and 150 I spent a couple days on the dyno reading plugs and getting the tune perfect before the mile. At the mile I adjusted the timing by .5 deg vs the dyno and didnt have to touch the fuel. Going boosted and nitrous (just not as much nitrous) in the Z06 that was all nitrous. Have alot of work to do in the next few weeks in order to make it.

Mmmm.... got an entire box of plugs with 3 heat ranges here too. That was a mistake I made last year...... didn't pull the plugs on the 1st blower only run..... could have caught the injector problem.

We run 10's at the mile and 7's on the street in both Z06's.

You should stop by our camp and say hi, we always have the same spot (about even with 1/4 mile marker) and have 3 toterhomes with stacker trailers and a dually with a 50ft trailer with 2 black Z06's, a red camaro and a grey camaro out front.

Will do! It'll be October for me. Valves came in today shooting to get the engine back in for April dialing back in. I'll be our there with some 5th Gen Camaro guys. Robert Taylor I suspect will be a spectator this year (recovering still). Great group. Thought about flying out for March, but wrapping up some estate stuff in Albuquerque that exact weekend. Garth Lenberg
    Last edited by Blue70SS; February 28th, 2018 at 04:34 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12