Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public Release (Nov 2017)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Public Release (Nov 2017)

Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing the Oct 2017 Public Release Release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.15 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.10 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.128 (Nov 03, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Download here:
    Known Issues:
    Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
    Correcting segment checksums using the V8 software does not work and doing so may cause data in the tune file other than the checksum values to be modified. Do not use V8 to correct segment checksums.
    Workaround:
    Use the EFILive V7 Tune Tool to correct the checksums.
    -
    Last edited by Blacky; May 10th, 2018 at 02:07 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Paul.

On the latest update holding control and double clicking on the AutoCal icon in the licensing tab of EFI Live Control Panel will not bring up the pop up window that it normally will for remote unlinking.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OTHRGRL View Post
    On the latest update holding control and double clicking on the AutoCal icon in the licensing tab of EFI Live Control Panel will not bring up the pop up window that it normally will for remote unlinking.
    It is now available via the V8 Scan and Tune software package under: [F7: Licenses]->[F5: Convert]

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

3 questions regarding the Nov 2017 public release:

1) Is Windows 10 a complete "non-issue"?
    2) Are there particular brands/models of Window based laptops that work "out of the box" with it?
    3) Are there any USB 3.0 ports that work "out of the box" with it, or should I look for a laptop that has USB 2.0 ports?

Only reason I in the market for a laptop is due to recent incompatibility (USB) issues on a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series with USB 3.0 ports (worked a couple years till most recent EFIlive updates). All help desk /forum help including Blacky has been exhausted and I've reverted to using my wifes older Dell Inspiron N5110 that's having other laptop issues (on it's way out). I'm buying 2 new laptops and last thing I want is non-compatibility issues again.

Any help would be appreciated. Looking to buy ASAP with Black Friday specials so I can quit kidnapping my wife's computer!

Those are hard questions to answer unfortunately but it is also the very reason why many schools specify that students must purchase an 'x' model computer. Their IT departments have done extensive testing on lots of models to make sure everything works and works the same for everyone. This is not something we can do at EFILive as you could probably appreciate.
    The USB drivers are provided by the company that makes the USB interface chip - FTDI
    Although we have our own USB Vendor ID we don't write the actual drivers, FTDI supply customers (us and many others) signed drivers that should work with any device running Windows.

I don't know what sort of issues you had but I have an older Acer laptop with Win7 and USB 2.0 & 3.0 ports, never had an issue with Flashscan. My main desktop PC is a Frankenstein with a mix of USB 2.0 and 3.1 ports, again never had an issue with Flashscan.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks, I'll try to start a thread to see if anyone has successfully used the laptop I'm looking to purchase.

Windows 10 works you just need to run as administrator to get around file permission errors. Stupid windows trick.

I've had plenty of success with Acer brand and have purchased over several laptops from them over the years and never had a compatibility problem with EFILive and RoadRunner. I purchase the Travelmate line and currently run on a "Spin B" which was inexpensive and is doing fine.

No problem with USB 2/3 on my Acers...

Hope you find a deal this Cyber Monday! Good luck!
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

I'm running the latest release, on Windows 10 and about the same time I downloaded it, my computer is shutting down randomly. I get a "Stop Error" message from Windows, stating the issue is "memory management" and according to their helpline, 70% of the time it's related to third party software.

I'm going to try and revert to the previous release, can anyone send me the file to do so?
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

Previous public releases can be found here (at the bottom of the page).
    http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

FWIW, our software and drivers are all signed and approved by Microsoft so it probably isn't EFILive.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast