Thread: Can I copy .ctz files using file system

Default Can I copy .ctz files using file system

I have a .ctz file emailed to me but I'm running Linux (currently Mint 17.3). I'm a bit of a newbie to Linux, but I'm not afraid of the command line. I did install EFILive 8 using WINE and then found out about the USB issue. I've done a bit of searching and read some of the threads here but I don't see any solutions. dmesg does show the EFI AutoCal v2 so it is being recognized. It would be great if there was a solution other than a VM (not sure I know where a Windows CD is). Is there a way I can copy the ctz file to the AutoCal using the file system instead of EFI Live?

I saw some interesting posts about an API to use the Autocal without EFI Live but don't know if that is available. I'm a bit of a programmer, but mostly Java <ducks>.

If you can mount the SD card into the Linux filesystem, then yes you can copy the .ctz to/from it.

do ls -l on /dev/sd* to see which device is the SD card.

Lifetime Member

No, as far as I'm aware you need to use EFILive Explorer to transfer .ctz files to the AutoCal for flashing. The same applies for retrieving any datalogs from the AutoCal to send back to the tuner for analysis.

Those APIs are for use via Windows command prompt and for configuring multiple AutoCals at once (helpful for high volume shops).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    No, as far as I'm aware you need to use EFILive Explorer to transfer .ctz files to the AutoCal for flashing. The same applies for retrieving any datalogs from the AutoCal to send back to the tuner for analysis.

Those APIs are for use via Windows command prompt and for configuring multiple AutoCals at once (helpful for high volume shops).
    Thanks. I figured that was the answer since I didn't see that as an option, but thought I would ask.

Looks like I'll be looking for my old Windows CD ...