Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LLy dealer cannot flash back to stock need stock tune or education on how to unlock

Default LLy dealer cannot flash back to stock need stock tune or education on how to unlock

Hello I am new to the forum and new to EFI live. I have done some tuning with other platforms but this is my first with EFI live and the LLY. I got some tunes for ATP trucks and they are very nice tunes. The issue is the tranny went into limp mode so I want to flash back to stock for now. The issue is I don't have a stock tune from the truck... Long story. but I purchased the efi live v2 and the tunes all at once so my v2 locked the ecm. I had a buddy try and flash the ECM back to stock using his tech2 but the ecm was locked.

Does anyone have a stock tune I can flash back or what do i need to do so that the dealer can flash back to stock

Thank you for the help

Need another ecm

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Rick Fletes Dsp 5 on v2, 33x12.5 nitto at on 20 inch American Racing 20x10 wheels, Stage 5 Built Transmission by Mike Cole with triple disc billet low stall converter, 4 inch Injen cold air intake, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, PPE Race Valve, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, lbz cp3 pump, Dual Platinum AGM Duralast, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Upper Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FED Y Bridge, Shantz Custom Fab Traction Bars.

Why would I need a new ecm if I own the v2 that locked the ecm ?

Default LLy dealer cannot flash back to stock need stock tune or education on how to unlock

You can go on dieselplace or duramax forum and in the members are there are tune databases you can get one from. I misunderstood I thought you couldn

If you locked the ECM, then unlock it so your buddy can read and write the calibration file.

Likely it is the ATP tune it self that is locked. It's very common in the diesel world for tuners to lock there tunes. If that is the case, maybe ATP can send you a stock unlocked tune that you can flash back into the truck.

When some one sends you a locked tune, the ECU can not be read or flashed by any other device. This is done so the tuner can protect there work and avoid letting the copy cats profit of them...

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
    If you locked the ECM, then unlock it so your buddy can read and write the calibration file.

When some one sends you a locked tune, the ECU can not be read or flashed by any other device. This is done so the tuner can protect there work and avoid letting the copy cats profit of them...
    This is incorrect.

The tuning is locked from viewing and reading but it doesn't lock the ecm from flashing unless the end user locked the ecm using the V2. If that is the case, then the ecm can be unlocked using the same V2. That stock tune you have from diesel place will work fine to see if a stock tune will load but your fuel sensor and speedo may be off. This shouldn't be an issue for testing purposes. We can get a true stock tune for your vin from TIS but if your friend already did that, then you should already have a true stock tune for it.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
    This is incorrect.

The tuning is locked from viewing and reading but it doesn't lock the ecm from flashing unless the end user locked the ecm using the V2. If that is the case, then the ecm can be unlocked using the same V2. That stock tune you have from diesel place will work fine to see if a stock tune will load but your fuel sensor and speedo may be off. This shouldn't be an issue for testing purposes. We can get a true stock tune for your vin from TIS but if your friend already did that, then you should already have a true stock tune for it.
    Ok, I misunderstood how the locked tunes worked then. I don't have a need to lock my stuff But I am also not a pro tuner by any means either.

I know we have had issues in the past not being able to reflash ECU's with locked tunes in the gas world and have just started with a fresh ECU.

This is incorrect.

Rob thank you. I will check my settings on the V2 tonight. I don think i did anything in the settings to lock the ECU, I think i just unboxed it and use Ver 8 to read the old tune (the bully dog that was on it) and loaded yours. i do remember a warning about locking somthing but I don't remember exactly the message. I will load the one from diesel place and see if that will allow the ECU to communicate with his tech2 or TIS. Worst case I can use the one I found and modify the Fuel and speedo. I am also thinking i can just copy the segments that i need from the bully dog tune I pulled off and put them into the stock one i found. just don't want to brick the ecu

This is incorrect.

Rob thank you,

I will check the settings tonight, I don't think i changed anything when I installed your tune. Just read the tune that was on the truck( obviously was not stock) as I had issues uninstalling the bully-dog. Then i just loaded your tune, it did give me a warning about something that I had to agree to but i don't remember . I think i can take the stock one I found, use that one as a base and change the fuel and speedo as needed. I also see in v7.5 i can copy segments. The issue is i don't want to brick the ecuy and there is not a lot of information on the dependencies between the OS and segment versions. I have checked my vin via https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/ i am not sure the difference between versions 15879098 and 15879099. We were unable to get the tune stock tune from GM on the truck so I am still looking for a stock tune for my VIN 1gchk23245f909949

One that came off of the truck

Operating System: 15228758
    Engine Operation: 15904640
    Engine Diagnostics:15879109
    Engine: 15879103
    Fuel System:15879098
    System: 15228743
    Speedometer:15233749

The one i found on Diesel Place

Operating System: 15228758
    Engine Operation: 15904640
    Engine Diagnostics: 15879109
    Engine: 15879103
    Fuel System: 15879099
    System: 15228743
    Speedometer: 15233751

There is an option to auto lock in V7.5 but a cos patch has to be applied Rob are your tunes Patched with the auto locking patch ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast