Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LLy dealer cannot flash back to stock need stock tune or education on how to unlock

Rob thank you !

I looked at the tune you sent me and the Auto-Lock Controller during flashing is checked/ Would this cause the issue of not being able to have the GM tools reflash the ecu ?.

Yes

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Rick Fletes Dsp 5 on v2, 33x12.5 nitto at on 20 inch American Racing 20x10 wheels, Stage 5 Built Transmission by Mike Cole with triple disc billet low stall converter, 4 inch Injen cold air intake, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, PPE Race Valve, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, lbz cp3 pump, Dual Platinum AGM Duralast, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Upper Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FED Y Bridge, Shantz Custom Fab Traction Bars.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by the__target View Post
    There is an option to auto lock in V7.5 but a cos patch has to be applied Rob are your tunes Patched with the auto locking patch ?
    E60 (LLY) does not use the Locking patch, it uses bootlocker which only requires the Auto-Lock check box in V8 software followed by a flash.

Rob thank you !

I looked at the tune you sent me and the Auto-Lock Controller during flashing is checked/ Would this cause the issue of not being able to have the GM tools reflash the ecu ?.
    Locking the controller using Auto-Lock prevents the tune file from being read and flashed with external software. EFILive software will block reading, but EFILive software will still allow flashing.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; November 14th, 2017 at 12:49 PM.

Cindy, Thank you. SO if i understand right if the autolocking is turned on and I try and reflash the ECU with a tech2 to have the dealer try and reflash it will not work as "Auto-Lock prevents the tune file from being read and flashed with external software" but i can still flash using my V2

Lifetime Member

Cindy, Thank you. SO if i understand right if the autolocking is turned on and I try and reflash the ECU with a tech2 to have the dealer try and reflash it will not work as "Auto-Lock prevents the tune file from being read and flashed with external software" but i can still flash using my V2
    Correct. You'll need to flash an unrestricted file (auto lock unchecked) for the dealer to be able to flash it.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12