Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tunes wont even work?

Default tunes wont even work?

Bought an 08 cummins that was already equipped with efilive and a csp5 switch.. Plugged the obd2 port into the switch and the tunes worked but I didn't want them as they are unknown tunes..I went and bought a reaper autocal and followed all the steps and installed the new csp5 switch and the switch works and lights up but every position and every tune I put it in seems to just be stock.. when I went to run the "read 1 cmc" I got the error $0312.. no clue what that means or if it matters.. But I'm very frustrated on why none of the tunes work...at this point I would've just kept the unknown tunes on

CSP tunes cannot be read back out of the ECM, they are blocked. Your $0312 error relates to that I'm afraid.
    You'll just have to get back in contact with who you got the tune from saying you feel the tunes aren't different enough, they may be able to send you an updated file to use.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    CSP tunes cannot be read back out of the ECM, they are blocked. Your $0312 error relates to that I'm afraid.
    You'll just have to get back in contact with who you got the tune from saying you feel the tunes aren't different enough, they may be able to send you an updated file to use.
    What do you mean an updated file? So if a truck is already equipped with another autocal before, you can't overwrite them and use a new autocal with tunes?

So is there a way to put back the old unknown tunes if they are blocked? This is very confusing as I was told an autocal will overwrite whatever tune was on the truck before...

Quote Originally Posted by 08chummins View Post
    What do you mean an updated file?
    I mean you contact Punisher Performance (I think they market their tunes as Reaper, right?) and say I'm not happy with the tune (this is what you've said). They could Email you an updated tune file to flash in to the ECM using your Autocal assuming it is something in the tune they can change and there isn't some other problem causing the lack of change when switching tunes. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the Punisher Performance Reaper tune, Tyler has been tuning for a long time so you probably need to speak to them about why you aren't happy with it or why it wasn't what you were expecting. Unless I am totally misreading what you are trying to say here.

So if a truck is already equipped with another autocal before, you can't overwrite them and use a new autocal with tunes?
    Yes, you can (and did) overwrite any previous tune in the truck.

So is there a way to put back the old unknown tunes if they are blocked?
    No, your old tunes are GONE, when you flashed in the new ones the old tune is wiped out forever.

This is very confusing as I was told an autocal will overwrite whatever tune was on the truck before...
    It does, the tunes on your Autocal is what is in the ECM now, not the original CSP tune you had.
    Last edited by GMPX; November 21st, 2017 at 04:14 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I mean you contact Punisher Performance (I think they market their tunes as Reaper, right?) and say I'm not happy with the tune (this is what you've said). They could Email you an updated tune file to flash in to the ECM using your Autocal assuming it is something in the tune they can change and there isn't some other problem causing the lack of change when switching tunes. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the Punisher Performance Reaper tune, Tyler has been tuning for a long time so you probably need to speak to them about why you aren't happy with it or why it wasn't what you were expecting. Unless I am totally misreading what you are trying to say here.

Yes, you can (and did) overwrite any previous tune in the truck.

No, your old tunes are GONE, when you flashed in the new ones the old tune is wiped out forever.

It does, the tunes on your Autocal is what is in the ECM now, not the original CSP tune you had.
    . What I'm saying is no matter the level on my switch 1-5 they are all the same as if no tunes were ever loaded into my truck, each level is stock

No offense to the OP, but man it sucks when customers make non issues that would easily be fixed with one email or quick call a bigger public deal than it has to be. If I had a Loonie (yeah a Loonie, lol) for every time one of our customers posted on Facebook about how unhappy they were with our product before reaching out to us id be able to buy a lot of maple syrup. At least the OP is posting this on the efilive forum and not some facebook group with 1000s of guys just waiting for a reason to hate on one shop over another.

Iv tined my buddies truck with a smarty jr before and you can feel the power difference..I Bought my 08 cummins recently and it had efilive already hooked up but no autocal so I didn't want to use those tunes (even though I did to try them out and you could tell the power difference and the pds of boost were a lot higher then stock..) so I bought a reaper autocal and a new switch and flashed in those tunes..Every level I set it to just seems to be the stock tune, No difference what so ever from stock..i think for some reason the tunes arnt actually working

. What I'm saying is no matter the level on my switch 1-5 they are all the same as if no tunes were ever loaded into my truck, each level is stock
    Have you spoken with the company that sold you the Autocal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    No offense to the OP, but man it sucks when customers make non issues that would easily be fixed with one email or quick call a bigger public deal than it has to be. If I had a Loonie (yeah a Loonie, lol) for every time one of our customers posted on Facebook about how unhappy they were with our product before reaching out to us id be able to buy a lot of maple syrup. At least the OP is posting this on the efilive forum and not some facebook group with 1000s of guys just waiting for a reason to hate on one shop over another.
    Mitch, you want to see a cesspit of customer complaints, read reviews on smart phone apps, it is on another level.

[QUOTE=GMPX;242292]Have you spoken with the company that sold you the Autocal?

yes I emailed him, he wants me to data log it and show him.. but he said from level 1 to 5 you should easily tell the difference..so right off the bat it's like the tunes never loaded in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast