Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast90 Woes - Leanness

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    I was thinking about that today. Bruce's latest entry makes me think there is no hope. I have 5.3's milled 0.024"
    I still have my LS2 TB and and am looking for real alternatives for intake.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton
    I still have my LS2 TB and and am looking for real alternatives for intake.

let me know if you find anything. I pulled my fast this afternoon and started cleaning it up. not sure if i'm going to sell it or give it another whirl

let me know if you find anything. I pulled my fast this afternoon and started cleaning it up. not sure if i'm going to sell it or give it another whirl
    I don't know if you are following this L92 head journey but that looks very promising if the Aussie intake is decent. The heads are incredible and cheap.
    Last edited by Bruce Melton; June 24th, 2006 at 10:09 AM.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

link?

This has been a heck of a weekend. Laptop took a dump and will be 6-8 weeks before I get it back from warranty.

Pulled the manifold to inspect for leaks and bottoming out. No signs of hitting bottom, but appearantly Blue RTV is not worthy of making manifold gaskets (between shells). Started scraping the blue RTV out so I can make a new black RTV gasket.

Although I dont' see signs of bottoming out, the port gaskets appear to have a problem sealing near the valley cover. One of the side effects of a previous sealing atempt, I managed to increase the thickness of a port gasket a good bit (will put the mic on it later this week). I'm thinking I may as well make all the port gaskets a little thicker.

I hate this manifold.

link?

This has been a heck of a weekend. Laptop took a dump and will be 6-8 weeks before I get it back from warranty.

Pulled the manifold to inspect for leaks and bottoming out. No signs of hitting bottom, but appearantly Blue RTV is not worthy of making manifold gaskets (between shells). Started scraping the blue RTV out so I can make a new black RTV gasket.

Although I dont' see signs of bottoming out, the port gaskets appear to have a problem sealing near the valley cover. One of the side effects of a previous sealing atempt, I managed to increase the thickness of a port gasket a good bit (will put the mic on it later this week). I'm thinking I may as well make all the port gaskets a little thicker.

I hate this manifold.
    I used the GM o-rings/gaskets but you might check to see if the FA$T ones are different?

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483486

PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

I've used the black rtv and the blue rtv (on various non-intake related things) but I like the copper rtv the best, it seems to stick far better to everything (including your face and shirt and door knobs throughout your house).

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    I've used the black rtv and the blue rtv (on various non-intake related things) but I like the copper rtv the best, it seems to stick far better to everything (including your face and shirt and door knobs throughout your house).
    I can just picture it....
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    I can just picture it....

I can picture my boy running up with a smoking trail behind him, "Daddy Daddy, guess what?!"

Bruce - I've been thru both OEM and Comp port gaskets - I prefer the OEM. I got a few ideas while I was sitting in the waiting room. When things start to normalize around here, I'll give them a shot.

I'm starting to believe a Fast90 that doesn't leak is the cure for baldness.

I'm starting to believe a Fast90 that doesn't leak is the cure for baldness.
    I am interested then.

Quote Originally Posted by Black02SS
    I am interested then.
    on the same note, I believe the leaking FAST is the source of baldness. http://www.myspace.com/taquickness

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast