Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with segment swap

Default Help with segment swap

Can someone look over my tune to see if anything sticks out and verify I completed the segment swap properly?

I just finished the 4l80 swap and it seems the trans is stuck in limp mode. I have Park, Reverse, and Neutral, but D-3-2-1 all are the same. It seems to be stuck in 3rd gear. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think I may have found the problem. It's actually called a "segment swap" and it's under the "Edit" section on the top tool bar in the program. When you don't know, you just don't know.

But now I can't reflash my pcm because it keeps giving me an error that this is a scan only device and I need to upgrade to a flash tune and scan. It's so damn annoying because I've been using this same flashscan cable since 2005. Maybe that's the problem..or bad USB cable???

Did you enter your blue-card information here: Help->Register EFILive

Yes sir. I've been using this same equipment since 2005 and now it's acting up on me

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Did you enter your blue-card information here: Help->Register EFILive
    Can post a screenshot of that window...

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 12sec.5.3 View Post
    But now I can't reflash my pcm because it keeps giving me an error that this is a scan only device and I need to upgrade to a flash tune and scan. It's so damn annoying because I've been using this same flashscan cable since 2005. Maybe that's the problem..or bad USB cable???
    Is your device a FlashScan V1 with a Personal License? If so the Personal License was discontinued years ago and replaced with the Commercial License only. Send your FlashScan V1 serial number to me at paul@efilive.com (with a link to this thread) and I'll send you back a free Commercial upgrade.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Someone from the tech dept got me hooked up and I'm back up and running. Now to tune out the bugs...

There was something wrong with the software that was stopping me from flashing my ecm but Andrew was abled to get me back up and going. Big thanks to him.
    I'm not really a guru at this tuning thing like many of you so thanks for all of the help and support. I have a few things I'd like some help with.
    1. What would cause my TCC to lock up then unlock 2-3 seconds later and stay unlocked? I've had this problem for years and never bothered with it because the 4l60 was a ticking time bomb anyways. Now that I have the 4l80 in I'd like to get this solved.
    2. I'm unabled to hold 1st gear(doing burn outs and what not) without it shifting on its own. I'd like control of that again.

Once I get my exhaust tied back in then I'll be abled to ride around town and fine tune things better...as of now it sounds like loud annoying garbage lol. Straight out the Y-pipe.

Also, I'm getting a code P0443 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid. Can I just turn the MIL off and forget about it or does this NEED to be fixed?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast