Thread: Pcm-no Comm????

Default Pcm-no Comm????

I went to reflash a tune,And the progress stopped not even half way.Here are the codes.(97 C5 auto)PCM-NO COMM........TCS-C1276 C.......U1255 C.......BCM-U1255 C......BO-RFA-U1000 H C,Also REDUCED ENGINE POWER.......SERVICE TRACTION SYSTEM........SERVICE ABS.............SERVICE VEHICLE SOON.......LOW FUEL,But I have a full tank,I had my phone charger on when I tried to reflash ,I hope that did not mess it up.And I just put new wheels & tires on.I drove it around on Saturday ,No problems.I disconnected the battery,But that did not help.Is my PCM toast??Did I flash one to many times?...................Paul

Hi,
    I have an 02 C-5 and have used LS1 edit and now EFIlive. With both softwares I have gotten the same codes you report. I have been told that any codes not starting with "P" are not the issue. They can all be easily cleared from you DIC. The Non-Comm code will put you into reduced power mode. But if you clear the codes that should go away. It may take a couple of trys though. If you do not know how to clear the codes, this is the proceedure: On your console hold down the options button and push the fuel button 4 times. This will bring up the codes on your DIC. Hit the reset button and you will be able to get to each code individually. Just hold down the reset button and they will clear. To Scroll back through the codes hit the trip button. To get out of the codes all together hit the controls the metric/standard readings. I forgot what that was called.

Bottom line, it had nothing to do with your wheels, charger or anything else. These things just want to upset us.

Good Luck
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by driver456
    I went to reflash a tune,And the progress stopped not even half way.Here are the codes.(97 C5 auto)PCM-NO COMM........TCS-C1276 C.......U1255 C.......BCM-U1255 C......BO-RFA-U1000 H C,Also REDUCED ENGINE POWER.......SERVICE TRACTION SYSTEM........SERVICE ABS.............SERVICE VEHICLE SOON.......LOW FUEL,But I have a full tank,I had my phone charger on when I tried to reflash ,I hope that did not mess it up.And I just put new wheels & tires on.I drove it around on Saturday ,No problems.I disconnected the battery,But that did not help.Is my PCM toast??Did I flash one to many times?...................Paul
    Have you had problems in the past?

Anyway, we did do an update to the 1997/1998 programming routines a while ago, if you don't have the latest software version I would download that and try again. The PCM should be recoverable.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I tried clearing the codes,But they kepted coming back.I will try again though.And I did not have any problems before.Thank's guy's..........Paul

Well I tried resetting the codes but no luck,Should I get a PCM?.........Paul

Have you tryed reflashing the original program back in with latest software upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by johnv
    Have you tryed reflashing the original program back in with latest software upgrade?
    No I have'nt tried,But I will when I get home from work today.I don't think it will communicate with the PCM,But I'll try!...................Paul

Quote Originally Posted by johnv
    That worked!!!!!! I reflashed it and it came back to life THANK YOU BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA