Thread: Mexican (BUX) 6.7 CM2200 - Map sensor not in intake horn...

Default Mexican (BUX) 6.7 CM2200 - Map sensor not in intake horn...

Hi there,

Curious if anyone has tuned a Mexican 6.7 Cummins CM2200. I'm running into some issues with the file setting a P0604 when the CSP switch is connected, and the truck doesn't make power like the US built trucks.

One odd thing that I'm sure has something to do with the lack of power is the location of the MAP sensor. The sensor is in the Air intake tube instead of the intake horn.

Here are the details:

Calibration: 11300041AD
    ESN: 90013.04

I'm hoping someone else out there has run into one of these before. I haven't taken the time to drill down the wiring harness and pinout difference between it an a 50state truck yet. This truck however did not come equipped with a DPF, but did have EGR.

Ross, can you tell me if you've run into a P0604 when connecting a CSP? Have you seen one of these files in testing?

thanks in advance for any direction/help.

-Rob

Hi Rob,

P0604 = Control Module Random Access Memory (RAM)

That is quite an odd code to be setting. The CSP conversion for that OS was released in April 2015, I don't know how many people would have used it before given it is an export model but there has been no feedback on issues with it.
    Best I can probably do is flash this OS in to an ECM here and see if the code pops up here too. Though I don't know how much of a test that really is because on the bench LOTS of DTC's set when nothing is connected to the ECM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Hi Rob,

P0604 = Control Module Random Access Memory (RAM)

That is quite an odd code to be setting. The CSP conversion for that OS was released in April 2015, I don't know how many people would have used it before given it is an export model but there has been no feedback on issues with it.
    Best I can probably do is flash this OS in to an ECM here and see if the code pops up here too. Though I don't know how much of a test that really is because on the bench LOTS of DTC's set when nothing is connected to the ECM.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. Does the CSP data get uploaded to RAM on key on? Curious if there is some sort of CRC that checks the ram in this OS that doesn't in others. That or maybe there is a significant difference in the memory layout due to the lack of the SCR and DPF routines.

If you can take a look it would be much appreciated. The truck doesn't set the code until the CSP switch is connected. So if you don't get a 604 or the like prior to plugging it in on the bench but you do after I think it would be a pretty good indication that it's not just a problem with this vehicle (not 100% sure the vehicle isn't the issue). If I had a CM2200 laying around I'd do the same but unfortunately I don't.

Thank you again for your help. If you need any assistance or additional information please let me know.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmacblack View Post
    The truck doesn't set the code until the CSP switch is connected.
    Rob just to clarify, if you flash in the CSP OS then everything is ok. It is only when you plug in the CSP switch that the MIL comes up for P0604? If yes do you need to attempt to switch tunes before it happens or is it just the plugging in of the switch that does it?
    Also, which switch are you using? I can test here with a Flashscan V2 but that is all.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I just tested on the bench and using the same OS switching tunes with the V2 I cannot make the ECM set the DTC P0604.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Rob just to clarify, if you flash in the CSP OS then everything is ok. It is only when you plug in the CSP switch that the MIL comes up for P0604? If yes do you need to attempt to switch tunes before it happens or is it just the plugging in of the switch that does it?
    Also, which switch are you using? I can test here with a Flashscan V2 but that is all.
    Ross,

The truck was programmed with an Autocal. It started and drove fine (except for lack of power). No codes, key off and back on a handful of times (not sure exactly how many as the truck is with a customer in mexico). The only complaint was no power. Customer keyed off after driving a couple times in order to install the switch. At key on the engine light illuminates and doesn't go away in run or with the engine running. If you disconnect the switch and clear codes the 604 does not come back. If you plug the switch in it comes back immediately.

I will configure the autocal to work as a switch and see what happens.

The switch is a Pass Through Switch from SoCal diesel.

Thanks again,
    Rob