Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E92 VATS patch

Ok try this, save the attached .calz file in to the folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E92

With your V2 plugged in before you start the software, open the tune file and navigate to 'B9903', change to Applied.
    You may also need to disable calibration 'G1219', this should stop the need to have a relay wired in to the starter control on the ECM (this prevents them running too).

For B9903 to take effect you must Full Flash the ECM, this only needs to be done once, after than you can continue with calibration only flashes.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks so much, I`ll give it a shot this weekend. Ill let you know how it goes

Update. Engine will start and continue to run, but its not consistent. Sometimes will not start unless you crank it a few dozen times. Possible I may have something wired wrong or a fuel issue. Also I noticed that the throttle body will not open 100% with just the key on, only opens maybe 30% with pedal at wide open. Is this normal with this ECM or is there something I'm overlooking in the program since this is in a swap project?

With the VATS it is a case of it either works or it doesn't, not really any 'sometimes' in it. There may be other issues causing the no start.
    I can't answer on the pedal question sorry, it might be normal behaviour with just key on with this ECM, someone with one in a GM vehicle could probably check.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I figured out the no start issue, was a voltage drop while cranking (fixed). The throttle body issue must just be standard operation, because when its running it works fine. Problem I have now is figuring out how to hook up a brake switch for the TCC circuit, the ECM has an input for it from the BCM but I'm not sure what signal it needs to see, 5 volts, 12 volts, or ground.

What pin does it come in on the ECM?

I got it figured out I think. Here is some info to maybe help out the next person

Brake switch/TCC: Connector 1 (blue) pin 57, Open circuit for brakes applied and closed to ground for not applied.
    Speed signal out put: Connector 1 (blue) pin 43
    Tach signal: Connector 2 (black) pin 47

All seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the help

Next, to figure out tap up, tap down shift on the T87a controller

I am needing to turn VATS off for a stand alone setup. Its a 2017 E92 as well. I have done some of the older E92s, but this "newer" version is obviously different and I definitely don't want to ruin the ecm. Can I just use the .calz file posted above and follow the instructions? Or would it be different for my ecm/tune. Here is the tune I'm working with. THANKS!

E92 5.3 MODIFIED.ctz

Every OS is different, I'll have a look today for you at your OS and post an updated .calz here.

Thank you very much! I have everything ready to fire this engine up on the run stand so this is the final exciting step.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast